Dr. Office- Negative- on some procedures & sites

Sharyn S.
on 9/21/11 8:10 am - Bastrop, TX
RNY on 08/19/04 with
On September 21, 2011 at 6:56 AM Pacific Time, MissJoi4u wrote:
. , Why do u seem to be the "only" one not to understand what I was asking, if you don't,then don't respond to my post. Thanks! I don't post to put stuff up for debate, I post to find out from experiences, not self thought!
Hey, I didn't understand your post, either.  It doesn't appear that you have a good grasp of the English language.

I didn't respond to your original post, but I will tell you that this is an open forum.  If you don't want replies to your threads that you don't like or understand, perhaps you should reconsider posting.

Sharyn, RN

RIP, MOM ~ 5/31/1944 - 5/11/2010
RIP, DADDY ~ 9/2/1934 - 1/25/2012

sunnymicki
on 9/20/11 1:36 pm
Surgeons (and medical professionals and scientists in general) don't just agree to disagree.  This isn't religion.  They are trained to investigate and research to find the best (most true) answer, the best technique - and they will share information and discuss it in order to come to try to come to a consensus on what that is. 

For some surgeries, it may be true that there is not a real consensus on the best way to perform it - those are generally new or still experimental surgeries.  But in most cases, there are standard methods/techniques used to perform the procedure, whatever it may be. 

As far as recommending a certain surgery, what everyone else has said is true.  You won't always get an unbiased opinion.  Even surgeons who are doing their best to look out for your best interest are going to be influenced by their previous experience (or lack of) with patients and the various type of surgery, their training, and whatever research they've done (or haven't done).
MissJoi4u
on 9/20/11 11:57 pm - Hampton, VA
Thank you,sunnymicki.
So Blessed!
on 9/21/11 4:36 am
"Surgeons (and medical professionals and scientists in general) don't just agree to disagree.  This isn't religion.  They are trained to investigate and research to find the best (most true) answer, the best technique - and they will share information and discuss it in order to come to try to come to a consensus on what that is."

True.  And sometimes, even when there is clear evidence  contrary to their viewpoint, they still don't play well with the other doctors.

Ego. 
Mary Catherine
on 9/20/11 2:37 pm, edited 9/20/11 2:39 am
OP said that her surgeon was opposed to the OH site. Wondered what sites the surgeon approves of. Nevermind, I read the post again and OP said OH is not negative.
AnneGG
on 9/20/11 2:57 pm
Surgeons are not going to agree to disagree with each other- WLS is still a young field, and the complete research results are not all in yet. That will take years to get enough long term follow up studies.

All a person can do is gather as much info as they can- sounds like you were doing that today- and make what they think is the best choice for themselves.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

MissJoi4u
on 9/20/11 11:58 pm - Hampton, VA
Thank you, Anne.
(deactivated member)
on 9/20/11 3:16 pm
This may be a little off topic but it speaks to some surgeons.

I went to a practice of ob-gyn's that were 'supposed' to be top in their field in my area.

When they did surgery on me for cancer, they removed everything but the cancer.  I no longer trust doctors to make my decisions for me. I research and research before anyone gets to touch me for any medical procedure.  They work for me not vice versa.

Don't learn the hard way.

Michele
Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 9/20/11 10:20 pm
 holy crap, Michele, surely that was malpractice?!     

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

MissJoi4u
on 9/21/11 12:00 am - Hampton, VA
Thank you. I won't.
Most Active