Dr. Office- Negative- on some procedures & sites

MissJoi4u
on 9/20/11 10:20 am - Hampton, VA
, Yes I  was informed of alot of info today, but I will not be discussing it any further, just that "OH", was not one of those"sites" with negative feedback in every corner,So my question is, Don't every Doctor agree to disagree on the right weightloss surgery technique?

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 9/20/11 10:41 am
No, because not all docs know what they're talking about, and some aren't qualified to perform all of the WLS types. Furthermore, depending on your situation (health, weight, co-morbididies and other medical conditions) one surgery may be more beneficial than another.

There is no one "correct" surgery for everyone. It depends.

If you want an objective opinion on the different WLS surgery types, find a bariatric surgeon who is experienced in Duodenal Switch proceedure- they will also perform the band, VSG and RNY so you'll ge the most unbiased information from them.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

MissJoi4u
on 9/20/11 11:52 pm - Hampton, VA
 Thank you Busybee212..Well put, well said!
MsBatt
on 9/20/11 11:50 am
Know what they call the guy who finished last in his med school class?

"Doctor."
Gina1013
on 9/20/11 3:22 pm - Canton, OH
 MsBatt..that is one of my mom's favorite expressions:)

Weight at consult 7/14/11:  413

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 9/20/11 11:56 am
They don't. In fact, they only seem to have good things to say about only the surgeries they perform. And that makes sense, since that is how they make a living, why on earth would they send a paying customer to the competitor. 

I learned the hard way to trust information only from a doctor that actually performed all the surgeries. Glad I learned that before I was cut.
Mary Catherine
on 9/20/11 12:28 pm
 So what sites were recommended?
poet_kelly
on 9/20/11 12:35 pm - OH
I don't really understand what your asking.

I do not think all doctors agree to disagree on the right surgical technique.  I'm sure if a doc thinks he knows the correct techinique, he would not agree with another technique that he believed to be incorrect.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

MissJoi4u
on 9/20/11 11:56 pm - Hampton, VA
. , Why do u seem to be the "only" one not to understand what I was asking, if you don't,then don't respond to my post. Thanks! I don't post to put stuff up for debate, I post to find out from experiences, not self thought!
poet_kelly
on 9/21/11 12:52 am - OH
If you don't want to hear others' thoughts, then perhaps you should not be  posting on a public forum.  When you post on an internet forum, people will respond with their thoughts.  And if someone does not understand what you are asking, they might ask you to clarify.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active