X-Post: Anyone Else Have this Issue?

Donna C.
on 10/13/11 1:44 pm - Durham Region, Canada

I'm just over 2 1/2 years out from my RNY. Have been having issues lately. Have been to the ER three times over the last 2 weeks with intense pain in my stomach, vomiting, sweating etc.. The first time - they did x-rays and said I was FOS (full of stool) - and that my XRay wasn't completely normal - but she thought it was due to constipation- which is weird because I was not constipated at all.

Second time it was worse - was vomiting - went to the ER and sat there for about 3 1/2 hrs - without seeing anyone - and I left as the pain had gone away on it's own.

Then on Wednesday of this week - had the worst experience. Pain was so intense I was vomiting up bile. Had to drive myself to the ER (1/2 hr drive) and was sweating and felt like I was going to pass out.

Saw a good Doctor this time. They did X-Rays again and she said my XRay was definitely not normal and that my blood work and urine had abnormalities. She is thinking that I am having partial blockages of my small intestine possibly due to scar tissue.

I have an ultra-sound on Monday morning - and then will probably have to have a scope depending on what that shows.

Kinda scared about the whole thing - been afraid to eat anything hard or dense since this all started. Anybody else have this experience?

HW/SW/CW/Orig GW/New GW   328/311/161/153/142   LOVE my RNY!!!!      

AnneGG
on 10/13/11 1:53 pm
People have posted on here about adhesions and scar tissue causing the pain.

Hope your ultrasound turns something up.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Kayla B.
on 10/13/11 2:24 pm - Austin, TX
This is ridiculous.  You need a CT scan with oral and IV contrast and possibly exploratory or emergency surgery to correct a petersen's hernia.

A complete blockage is 100% fatal if not handled in time.  100%!  And Monday is too long to wait for care.  If parts of your small intestine get twisted in scar tissue and lose blood supply, they can die and need to be removed.  They really need to be taking this more serious.
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
Tammy H.
on 10/13/11 2:27 pm - Greenville, OH
 Sorry to hear that you are having such pain...Do you still have your gallbladder?  I hope you get feeling better soon...Tammy

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only TRUE FRIENDS will leave footprints in your heart...And may that friendship have such a ONENESS that when one weeps the other will taste salt...Friends are like balloons ; once you let them go you can't get them back....So I'm going to tie you to my heart so I never lose you.

Judi J.
on 10/13/11 8:39 pm - MN
Donna please take what Kayla says seriously. This can be a big deal and you may have to be pushy. don't wait around ok?
Most Active