Help..back on track

Helen B.
on 10/19/11 5:08 am - Lake Placid, FL

I am finding a need to get back  on track.. I had my gastric bypass December 2009

I feel that I am hungry and craving sweets.. Any help would be appreciated..

Some days I would swear I never had the surgery.. I am so afraid of going back to the way I was...

Helen 

chriswilliams
on 10/19/11 10:46 am - Oskaloosa, IA
I don't have any advice, but be assured you are not alone.  I am struggling with the same things.  I have gained about 25-30 pounds back, I want to be sure it isn't any more than that!!!!
Helen B.
on 10/19/11 11:06 am - Lake Placid, FL

Do they have a back on track forum?

I have moved out of state and do not have access to my dietician and doctor..

Helen 

JudiJudi T
on 10/19/11 11:52 am

There is a back on track forum here .. or maybe it is a group.  Poke around and you should find it.

I had surgery when you did and I hear you.  I still have good restriction but I have to watch the snacking.  It's not as easy to drop the extra pound or two as it was earlier.  Focus on the basics and cut out the carbs and things should fall back in place.  i find that eating sweets triggers wanting more so I'm trying really hard to avoid them.  

Best of luck!

Before/after pic in my profile.  
Surgery: Dec 2009, lost 100 lbs

Helen B.
on 10/20/11 12:27 am - Lake Placid, FL
Thank you!

kaysettles
on 10/19/11 11:48 pm - philadelphia, PA
Helen, I am feeling your pain.  I had my surgery Sept 2009 and just like you, I feel hungry all the time.  As soon as I fininshe eating, I want to eat more.  I think I have some type of psycological problem.  I really need to get to the root of my problem.  I can't, no I WON'T gain back the 100 pounds that I have lost.
Helen B.
on 10/20/11 12:28 am - Lake Placid, FL
I know.. I don't want to be another failure...

kaysettles
on 10/24/11 6:18 am - philadelphia, PA
Stay positive Helen.  Nothing beats a failure but a try and if at first you don't succeed then try try again.  You are a winner and you and I can both beat this thing called hunger and weight gain.  Keep your head up Helen, I have faith that we both can win.
Kathy S.
on 10/20/11 1:52 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
 Please join us  Back On Track Together Forum.

Take care,
Kathy

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Helen B.
on 10/20/11 2:55 am - Lake Placid, FL
Thank you..I just joined!

Most Active