water....?

heathernecolej
on 10/23/11 12:18 pm - Winnfield, LA
I was wondering if anyones doctor told them no water except every other hour and no more than 2 oz.  I am three weeks out and I am so thirsty, please help!
thinwithinme
on 10/23/11 12:22 pm
no haven't heard that. i recommend you call your surgeon and nutritionist.... please ask them to clarify and let them know how you're feeling. it may be your doctor poorly trying to explain not to eat and drink together.....

Good luck -- let us know if you need more info.

"Success is not Final.  Failure is not Fatal."

H. Wt: 350  Goal Wt: 155  Lifetime Range:  155 - 160              

heathernecolej
on 10/23/11 1:04 pm - Winnfield, LA
thanks so much.. also how do you get the weight tracker to show your progress?
MsBatt
on 10/23/11 2:25 pm
STOP!!! You need a MINIMUM of 64 ounces EVERY DAY!!!  Assuming you sleep 8 hours out of 24, this means you need to drink at least 4 ounces EVERY HOUR that you're awake. Any less puts you a serious risk for dehydration.

Start sipping!
poet_kelly
on 10/23/11 8:03 pm - OH
Two ounces every other hour?  Um, that would be 24 ounces a day?  Is that all you've been drinking?  No wonder you're thirsty, you're dehydrated!

You need to drink.  You need a least 64 ounces of liquid a day.  There is no reason to limit yourself to only two ounces every other hour (unless you have some really weird medical condition that you haven't told us about).

I am wondering if you misunderstood your doc's instructions.  I sure hope so.  I'd be horrified to find out he was really advising patients to drink only 24 ounces of water a day.

Are you nauseous?  Dizzy? Weak?  Got a headache?  You may need to go to the ER for IV fluids if that's all the liquid you've been getting for three weeks.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active