Please don't EVER approach a stranger about their weight!

MyLady Heidi
on 10/23/11 1:51 pm
This doesn't even sound like it had anything to do with your weight but just a scam to try to make some money.  Sadly I see MO look at me, especially when I wear high heels and fitted outfits and I see the look in their eyes, I wanna scream I was like you are now, you can fix this, but I know I can't.  I would hate to be embarassed that way and I would never embarass anyone unless they directly asked me something I would never say a word.  I did however over hear a conversation at TJ Maxx where one of the associates was telling a co-worker she was gonna be out soon getting her tummy tuck done.  I went up to her discretely and said I over heard her conversation and the fact she was nervous and said I had a tummy tuck and it was the best thing I ever did.  Turns out she had an rny also and we compared notes for about 20 minutes.  She thanked me profusely and I said I would come back after her recovery and see how she made out.  I gave her all my plastics tricks.  I didn't embarass her in any way, she held her conversation in public and I approached her just to lay her fears about the surgery to rest.  But this is about as far as I would go without being directly asked.
Sarahlicious
on 10/24/11 7:32 am - Portsmouth, OH
How could it NOT be about my weight? I weigh 350ish and my arms/legs look like the StayPuff man on a good day...but yes she was also definitely "on something"...there were plenty of other people around I saw her wandering around the boardwalk for a few minutes more and I didn't see her approach any of the many other people walking, skating, biking, etc.

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

big_ideas
on 10/23/11 9:30 pm - Randolph, NJ
I walked up to a VENDOR at the OH conference this weekend. She asked me: "So, have you had surgery? Or are you thinking about surgery?"

I used to be a 4x and weight 280 lbs. The day I stood before this moron I was 140 lbs and a size 6/8 petite.

You would think, that even if I was still overweight, this would have been something she might hesitate to ask...sorta like saying "When are you due?" to any woman you are not CERTAIN is carrying a child.

I didn't take her samples...

Elizabeth N.
on 10/23/11 11:08 pm, edited 1/1/12 10:14 pm - Burlington County, NJ

kirmy
on 10/24/11 12:30 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Hello stranger how is my surrogate Jewish Mum going? 

I miss you beautiful girl...tell me alllllll you've been up to in a PM.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
susan24
on 10/24/11 4:20 am - Stuck in traffic or an airport near you, TX
On October 24, 2011 at 4:30 AM Pacific Time, big_ideas wrote:
I walked up to a VENDOR at the OH conference this weekend. She asked me: "So, have you had surgery? Or are you thinking about surgery?"

I used to be a 4x and weight 280 lbs. The day I stood before this moron I was 140 lbs and a size 6/8 petite.

You would think, that even if I was still overweight, this would have been something she might hesitate to ask...sorta like saying "When are you due?" to any woman you are not CERTAIN is carrying a child.

I didn't take her samples...
seriously?  She asked if you were considering surgery?   gack....what a dumbass!

“Saying ‘I’m sorry’ is the same as saying ‘I apologize.’ Except at a funeral.?
-- Demetri Martin

Phyllis C.
on 10/24/11 5:52 am
Hi Linda,

Wow, what a dumb ass.  I have seen you in person and there is no way you look the least bit overweight.  She must need glasses or maybe she was on acid.

DUH!!!

Phyllis
"Me agreeing with you doesn't preclude you from being a deviant."

Denise M.
on 10/24/11 6:56 am
 You look and ARE amazing, Linda!

We shoulda found out where her room was and left her a steaming present right outside her door!  

You would think people in the bariatric vending biz would be a bit more sensitive.  Duh.

(deactivated member)
on 10/24/11 1:14 pm - Califreakinfornia , CA
Ahem.....did you happen to notice ( a few post down from yours ) that our dear, sweet, innocent Susan dropped the F BOMB in this....THE MAIN FORUM

Seriously I don't know what the **** this world is coming to anymore...
Sarahlicious
on 10/24/11 7:35 am - Portsmouth, OH
You are the 2nd person to tell this story from the NY event...as in it's probably the same vendor asking various people...who in no way look as if they need surgery...please e-mail [email protected] and let them know the vendor.

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

Most Active