Please don't EVER approach a stranger about their weight!

Sarahlicious
on 10/23/11 9:23 am - Portsmouth, OH
Today I went to the beach to enjoy the nice cooler S. FL fall weather. It was windy so the I knew the surf would be to rough to swim, so my friend and I just sat on a bench and watched people ride bikes and skate by...it was a lovely afternoon UNTIL....

This woman walks up, she was about my age, white and blond, like me, but there was something "about" her that made me make sure I had a tight grip on my purse. She appeared to be "on something"...she reminded me of the home nurse who stole pain meds from  and I know that look from many many people back in my home town.

She started with "hi, I hope I don't offend you...."

Ok well now I KNOW you're going to!!!!

She proceeded to tell us she was a personal trainer and was looking for people to work out with her....would I be interested.

I quickly said no thank you I have many medical conditions and my exercise options are too limited. Then sorry since she approached ME first I HAD to point out the cigarette in her freaking hand. I said "if you're a personal trainer and looking to help others get healthy, you might want to start with yourself and stop smoking".

She then went into a whole speal about how she is quiting and is down to 4 cigarettes a day and bought an electric cigarette to use to help after she cuts downs from 4, etc etc. Again this rambling only confirmed my thoughts that she was on something more than nicotine. She then told me she used to be 2x my size...wow good skin tone for someone who used to be over 700lbs...liar....and just wants people to know there is hope, can I give you a hug??? I said "no, goodbye".

She starts to walk away and says "can I ask what medical condition you have?' I said "lymphedema and lipedema". She said "what's that?" I replied "Google it, goodbye".

Seriously, so not cool, and so lucky I'm not a physically violent person or I'd had punched her!

No one can SAVE you, nor can you SAVE anyone! It's one thing to share that you've had surgery or how you've lost weight to a friend, and offer your experience if they ask...strangers...no don't EVER....please...please...please!

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

weightyissues
on 10/23/11 9:27 am
Girl, I wish someone would walk up to me and tell me about my weight and give me unsolicited advice. It won't end well!  
Sarahlicious
on 10/23/11 9:33 am - Portsmouth, OH
Once had a DRUNK man walk up to my table in a restaurant and start with "you might tell me to f' off, but please stop eating, you're doing to die"...I replied "yes go F*CK off, as you have no clue about me or the weight I've already lost"...the patrons at the bar were shocked at what this 'regular' did and apologized for him, then the manager came over and comp'd my meal...which I thought was a bit ironic.

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

MacMadame
on 10/24/11 6:21 am - Northern, CA
Someone needs to him to stop drinking, because he's going to die? 

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 10/23/11 9:41 am
 people sure can suck. ((((((Sarah))))))))

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

frisco
on 10/23/11 11:19 am

I have (used to) a standard canned answer all locked and loaded...........Ready to use.......

Hey (asshole, buddy, idiot, dumb **** ***** ......your choice)

"I can lose the weight....... how the hell are you gonna fix stupid?"

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

(deactivated member)
on 10/23/11 11:26 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Some people are just plain brain-dead.

You should just have told her to F*** off, and not been so polite, and especially not have told her about your personal
health problems.

F*** her.

Hugs,
Elizabeth N.
on 10/23/11 11:54 am, edited 1/1/12 10:13 pm - Burlington County, NJ

LaughingCow
on 10/24/11 7:15 am - VA
VSG on 02/01/12 with
Two words: Justifiable homicide.
Amy
VSG on 2/1/12 with Dr. Halmi
Gina1013
on 10/23/11 12:42 pm - Canton, OH
 It is a shame that this woman probably has the ability to reproduce.
I will tell you that I really admire your composure! awesome.

Weight at consult 7/14/11:  413

Most Active