Please don't EVER approach a stranger about their weight!

sarahs_new_life
on 10/24/11 8:10 am
haha   funny.  i was in the waiting room at st joes in the bariatric clinic.  someone asked me if i was going to have the surgery.  I was 135 pds at the time.  bahaaaa.   think i already had it two years ago.  

(deactivated member)
on 10/24/11 12:57 pm - Front Royal, VA
RNY on 08/29/11 with

On the pregnancy thing

It was 4 months after I gave birth, I was still swollen and bloaty and someone asked me when I was due

while I was holding my infant son

One of my favorite sayings is Hanlon's Razor  "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

susan24
on 10/24/11 4:19 am - Stuck in traffic or an airport near you, TX
I agree.   Don't do it.  I've seen it over and over on here...where people talk about wanting to go out and proselytize and pass out "cards" about WLS.   How ******g rude and insenstive.  Like fat people don't know about WLS,  dieting, exercise etc.   We know more about it than most.

I have had this done to me..."you'd be soo pretty if you would just lose weight"..from total strangers.

Ugh...so angry on your behalf.

((((((((((((((  hugs)))))))))))))))))))))

“Saying ‘I’m sorry’ is the same as saying ‘I apologize.’ Except at a funeral.?
-- Demetri Martin

(deactivated member)
on 10/24/11 1:11 pm - Califreakinfornia , CA
On October 24, 2011 at 11:19 AM Pacific Time, susan24 wrote:
I agree.   Don't do it.  I've seen it over and over on here...where people talk about wanting to go out and proselytize and pass out "cards" about WLS.   How ******g rude and insenstive.  Like fat people don't know about WLS,  dieting, exercise etc.   We know more about it than most.

I have had this done to me..."you'd be soo pretty if you would just lose weight"..from total strangers.

What the **** are you thinking cussing like that on the MAIN forum Susan....why I outta ***** slap you and your filthy, nasty, potty mouth

WHY I NEVER ! 
Denise M.
on 10/24/11 10:35 pm
  All hail Susan's potty mouth!!!!

It's about damned time we've started rubbing off on her.  Wait.  That sounded wrong on so many levels.

Hey, Pummy!  I told a gal at support group last night about the failed lap band forum.  She's getting revised from band to RNY in the near future.  Between the two of us, we did our best to inform a newbie who was interested in the band about all the potential negative aspects.  

Not sure he got it, but I can hope. 

(deactivated member)
on 10/25/11 12:16 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
Find out what her username is so she can get past the guard gogs.
southernlady5464
on 1/2/12 2:14 am
On October 24, 2011 at 11:19 AM Pacific Time, susan24 wrote:

Susan, at least they were total strangers...and you could ignore them.

I had my grandmother say that to me when I was 13...talked about messing with your head.

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/24/11 5:23 am
(HUGS).. some people need to sue their brain for non-supporting..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

LaughingCow
on 10/24/11 5:43 am - VA
VSG on 02/01/12 with
I agree.  Don't EVER approach a stranger about their weight!

Step away from the fatties!!!! Even if you were a fatty once yourself!!!
Amy
VSG on 2/1/12 with Dr. Halmi
samsander
on 10/24/11 7:23 am - CA
Sounds like a lost soul.... so sorry that she "found" you!!!

Mary SW 273  CW 158  GW 160

Most Active