HELP

KIMMIKAK1119
on 12/18/11 12:44 pm
I had my surgery August 8, 2011 and have up to this point done so well....have not had any problems wanting any particular food, junk, etc...but lately, I want to eat stuff that I know I shouldn't. 

I don't know if it is because of the Christmas season, because of the Christmas season and it being the first Christmas since losing my dad in March, or what....

It is like I have no control.  I mean, I am not like going crazy, but I am eating stuff that will hinder my weight loss and making me more nauseated than usual.

I have eaten some cake, some peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate, etc...

I need prayers and I need strength to get back on track.

To date I have lost 60 lbs, 60 lbs that is unless the stuff I mentioned above made me gain.

I appreciate any advice and prayers anyone could give....

Thanks, and God bless all.
  KIMMIKAK                                                 
Amy Smith
on 12/18/11 1:01 pm
My surgery was in August of 2010 and although I am a little further out than you I can totally identify with your feelings.  I felt that way a few months ago.  I can only speak from experience, but I went back to food journaling.  And made a commitment that I was going to put in EVERYTHING I ate even if it was bad or put me over my calorie count.  I also journalled when I was eating so I could see a pattern.  Then I emptied my house (I live by myself) of EVERYTHING that I should not eat or foods that are good, but I have a hard time controlling the amount I eat!  I also made an appointment with my dietician and pschologist (as the more I felt out of control the more depressed I was becoming)

You can do this!  You knowe exactly what you need to do and we know this is a difficult time of year, but YOU CAN DO THIS!  Go back to the basics and take charge.  I also should mention I did a couple days of NOTHING but protein to help me get rid of those cravings for sweets, etc.  

Keep your chin up, you can and will take charge!
KIMMIKAK1119
on 12/18/11 1:43 pm
thanks so much for your reply....i am going to be strong...i am going to be strong...i am going to be strong....

and i will take your advise and try to start journaling...and i think i will call my dietician as well.  i also think i may need some grief counseling and i get that from my natural/alternative doctor...he has helped me so much since losing dad in march, but i think i need to go see him again just for this issue.

thanks again...and i appreciate you and congrats on your success.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year....if you celebrate them that is.

Blessings to you and yours.
  KIMMIKAK                                                 
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 12/18/11 1:02 pm
Simple carbs beget simple carbs. You need to detox from them. If you can avoid sweets and simple carbs for a while, the cravings diminish.
(deactivated member)
on 12/19/11 12:34 am, edited 12/19/11 12:35 am
Gentlle exerise works for me to stop the hand -to-mouth action . I IMMEDIATELY feel  the heaviness and shortness of breath caused by  whatever I'd been eating ...
and the exercise  released endorphins make me not want it later ..  as well as feeling the negative when i first set out .. 

It can be as little as  walking a few blocks.  
KIMMIKAK1119
on 12/19/11 3:56 am
thanks...i usually do the walking...i have so many different health issues that much of any other kind of exercise is just to painful. 
lately i haven't been walking at all, other than normal walking doing and going as i have been having lower left side abdominal pain....

thanks so much for your encouragement....and i see you have done great.  CONGRATS AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

KIMMIKAK                                                 
Most Active