Protein Bars

ohlordyp
on 1/27/12 11:11 am - AZ
 I had WLS on Nov. 28th and am doing good and have lost 74 pounds. I am having problems increasing my calories and was wondering if anyone is eating protein bars and if so what kind?
Priscilla     
ruggie
on 1/27/12 12:28 pm - Sacramento, CA
Quest bars.   They aren't filled with crap.  (i.e., tons of sugar, sugar alcohols, or glycerol).

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Libby0218
on 1/27/12 5:56 pm - TX
I agree, I have a Quest protein bar every afternoon (my favorite flavor: Strawberry Cheesecake but I also love Lemon, Apple, and Brownie)
Gina 21 Years Out
on 1/27/12 8:10 pm - Burleson, TX
LIBBY-since I totally respect your opinions, I want to find/try Quest bars now. Where do you buy yours?

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

nightbird
on 1/29/12 10:48 am - Bowie, MD
Not Libby but you can get individual Quest bars at netrition.com for just over $2 a piece...always $4.95 flat rate shipping now matter how much you get and they carry sugar free syrups.  

Have a great evening.

Lisa
(deactivated member)
on 1/27/12 9:32 pm, edited 1/27/12 9:35 pm
JES saying .... as a certified personal trainer ..so called "protein bars " are one step up from CANDY BARS ( and have the same carb/protein /sugar profile EXACTLY as a PAYDAY usually lol !

I would NOT eat them if I was trying in any way to lose weight .. jes saying ...

try eating far more satisfying , cheaper fresh REAL FOOD like GRAPES , FRUIT , BEANS , CHICKEN and egg whites instead .

For what its worth MOST personal trainers totally discourage clients from turning to these things ... we have a very pejorative name for em... and they certainly DONT belong on a low carb or carb controlled diet lol !
Winnie_the_Pooh
on 1/27/12 9:47 pm
Quest protein bars have 20 g. of protein per bar.  They have very low net carb (most is fiber).  Their ingredients are natural.  The calories are between 160 - 210 from what I have eaten.  They are not candy bars.  Many of them are not covered in chocolate or covered in peanuts like a Payday.  For WLS patients they are a good way of getting lots of protein in a small amount of food.  It is okay to eat food that tastes good.

I recommend Quest bars  (www.questproteinbars.com).  They can only be purchased online.  With autoship on Amazon the discount pays for the shipping (If you buy 2 boxes at a time).  

Second place for me is Pure Protein bars.  Also 20 g. of protein.  Low carb and low sugar.  I buy them by the case (18 bars) at Sam's Club for about $18.

Winnie

(deactivated member)
on 1/27/12 10:31 pm
 A lot of people on the lightweights forum like the " oh Yeah "  bars .  They look like a giant Payday and taste very similar .  Usually one makes two or three servings  .

i think I tatsed one once and said " payday copy ! "   Thats all I remember  .. like I said I dont eat em . 
knowbetterdobetter
on 1/27/12 11:12 pm - FL
RNY on 03/26/12
Quest and Pure Protein are the only ones I eat.
I buy Quest when I have a little more money to spend. I stock up on Pure Protein when I see a good sale or have Walmart gift cards to use.
Liz C.
on 1/28/12 3:27 am - DE
I was always told that if your going to have a protein bar to make sure the protein is higher than the carbs... I used to eat these in the beginning but when I stopped I learned I lost more weight not eating protein bars!!! I simply just had an ounce of peanuts or some fruit and veggies instead of these bars..

Starting weight from 8/7/09- pre op and post op!

RNY Surgery on 2/22/10- weightloss post op! 

Most Active