Out of control eating

seanbear66rn
on 2/6/12 5:34 am - Dracut, MA
VSG on 04/06/12
 I am having a revision from a failed band to a VSG. My eating is out of control. I have been told you can have increased hunger when the band is totally unfilled. I also know that part of it is the feeling of "Do it now...because once you have surgery you cannot do it any more. Has anyone else gone through this. I am not looking for sympathy. I know that it is up to me to get it together, but I am struggling with this.  THANK YOU !!
Sean  

YOU CANNOT GIVE SOMEONE HELP........YOU CAN OFFER HELP,  IT IS UP TO THE OTHER PERSON TO ACCEPT  OR REJECT IT !!!

Mary Catherine
on 2/6/12 5:54 am
 Sounds like you have it all right. No fill in the band and the Last Supper syndrone.  
Very common.
thiknena19
on 2/6/12 6:40 am - bronx, NY
i agree, very commond i ate mcds for a whole month straight gained 5 pounds before i had to start my pre op-diet. just try to eat healthy at  least until u get the surgery.

(deactivated member)
on 2/6/12 6:45 am
just think in terms that it's weight you'll have to work off at a later date - but will have to.

good luck with your revision !!
WoodsonArcher
on 2/6/12 11:40 am - TX
Before I started my liquid diet, i did visit the chineese buffet one last time. I think that is normal. I had been dieting for a month to try to lose as much as possible before surgery {to make the surgery safer}, so I didnt gain any weight, but I did want to enjoy one last visit. I havet been to a buffet since. Good luck !!!

Most Active