Liquid Diet

cdreamyd
on 2/18/12 4:37 am - CO
RNY on 03/05/12
So I start my liquid diet on Tuesday and have to be on it for 2 weeks. Does anyone have any suggestions... I ordered some of the unjury Chicken soup but I think that is more for after surgery.. Any idea would be greatly appriciated..
Surgery on 3/5... Im soooo EXCITED..
mirlyn2012
on 2/18/12 6:00 am - FL
RNY on 02/20/12
 I'm only on day 2 but I've gone through a bunch of miso soup I purchased at the local japanese restaurant and strained severely (called the surgery center first before getting miso), some chicken broth flavored up with some crushed red pepper in a paper towel then strained out, lipton onion soup with the onions strained, some fuze slenderize drinks, a gatorade, some no sugar added grape juice when I need that sweet, jell-o, and right now some pickle juice lol. I don't know how you're going to do it for 2 weeks as I am struggling on day 2 of only 3 days but good luck to you!!!
jdragr
on 2/18/12 6:06 am - AL
RNY on 02/09/12 with
My surgeon gave us a list of what we could "eat" on the liquids. I had to do 2 weeks also. Water, crystal light, sugar free popsicles, yogurt (less than 15 carbs, less than 5 fat), low fat cream soups, sugar free jello, sugar free pudding, decaf coffee, decaf tea. Those are what I can remember. Good lucl! Day 3 and 4 are the worst but you can do it!
SW 296

Manda M.
on 2/18/12 9:12 am
You can do it!!

2 weeks will fly by I promise you! Before I had my surgery I had to do a 5 week one and by the 2nd week it just becames second nature! You will do great!

Good Luck!
http://pouchgirlrny.blogspot.com  -- My thoughts and experience so far post RNY!!

Cindy22706
on 2/18/12 9:40 am - California, MD
VSG on 02/08/12
I ate sf jello CONSTANTLY. It made me feel like I was actually eating food... lol. Also sf popcicles at night time.
enibas2
on 2/19/12 12:47 am - Canada
 I am on my 2nd week and now its not so bad, the dietician put me on Optifast 900 and i,M allowed to eat all veggies exept green peas, corn and chick peas and that familly so i'm doing a lot of soup with my own good veggies and its not so bad, my date for operation is on feb 27th another week to go!!!! good luck you'll see its getting better every day ! 
Most Active