I am Sleeved!!!!!

HennaGoddess
on 2/27/12 5:56 pm - NH
VSG on 02/27/12
OMG!!! It has happened! I am sleeved. Still in hospital till Wednesday. I have been up doing laps. Gas pain was pretty uncomfortable until I got up for my first lap 1.5 hours after recovery room. Now no more gas pain at all, just some incision sore-ness. Biggest issue is my mouth and top part of throat burning, hurts bad. I am some horrible nasuea at first but they gave me medicine in iv and a patch thing which together work wonders! My doctor was so nice, everything happened so quick. One thing I thought would be a huge issue for me was the catheter, which my doctor makes you have in 24 hours, but it is no big deal at all, can't even feel it!!

I was worried I would have buyers remorse, but I am so happy! Me and my sleeve are going to be a super team!

So am I now officially on the losers bench???

"I walk with the Goddess, She is the spark that lights my way"-Kellianna

Black_Irish_Girl
on 2/27/12 7:01 pm
lol, yes hennagoddess you are officially a loser!  welcome to the right side of the tracks.

BIG dee

52 yrs old, 5'2" HW & SW: 235 CW: 134 Personal Goal: 125

For those who may not know... Black Irish is a brown eyed brunette of Irish descent.  My sister got the red hair and green eyes... 

MelissaMommyto5
on 2/28/12 12:06 am
VSG on 02/16/12
YAY!  How exciting!  I was just sleeved 2/16 & I still feel the excitement over the changes I'm already making!  Sounds like you're off to a great start except the mouth/throat issues.  The dry mouth was actually more uncomfortable to me than almost anything else in the hospital...except for the dozens of needle sticks that were unproductive!

Best wishes!

Jack_Fabulous
on 2/28/12 10:33 am - VA
VSG on 02/16/12
I noticed that you and I were sleaved on the same day and we have lost the same amount of weight!!

MelissaMommyto5
on 2/28/12 10:51 am
VSG on 02/16/12
Isn't it awesome!  I'm so excited about my future health & I haven't felt that way in many, many years!

Cindy22706
on 2/28/12 1:11 am - California, MD
VSG on 02/08/12
Congratulations!! I thought the cathetor would be a big deal for me too, but wait until they take it out.. I was up every hour peeing, it was so annyoing! I loved that cathetor

Again, congrats!

Jack_Fabulous
on 2/28/12 10:34 am - VA
VSG on 02/16/12
Congratulations!!  I was sleaved on 2/16.  I did have buyer's remorse because i was in a lot of pain, but it only lasted about a day. I'm really excited about my new life. 

nicoleista
on 2/28/12 11:29 am - MI
VSG on 03/05/12
I LOVE hearing your experiences especially so soon after surgery! I am most anxious about getting to the hospital and getting checked in, then getting prepared, because that is the last moment before every thing in your life changes. Can you tell me what you were feeling and thinking during that time pre-op? What did you do to cope and get through that stressful time? I can't believe how quickly the days are going now that I am so close to surgery...March 5th at 9am! OMG

HennaGoddess
on 2/28/12 6:08 pm - NH
VSG on 02/27/12
Hi Nicoleista,
March 9 th will come so quick. I tried to stay busy , cleaned my Apt so it will be nice when I get home. I was very nervous too, I brought my mom with me and we tried to keep laughing to take my mind off it. alsomy mom is an RN and she told me to tell the anethesia person that I am -not- a cheap date, lol, its thier lingo for give me lots of sedative. Well it worked wonders, I remember the sedative being put in the iv, then next thing I know is waking up in recovery. One thing that helped too is practice sleeping square on your back. I am so glad I did because at the hospital you can really only sleep on you back.

You are going to do great!!! Also that you to all the posters above, it is such a wonderful thing to feel supported.
GreenGardener
on 2/28/12 7:22 pm
VSG on 06/02/09 with
 Mucho congrats!  And now the rest of your life begins!
 SD:  6/09; HW:  263;  LW:  143; CW:  155; 5'5"; 62 yo
Most Active