Where's the hyperventilating emoticon??

Dorathea
on 3/21/12 12:58 am - Lexington, KY
Revision on 03/28/12
So, I have 7 days until surgery.  This morning I found out that I am the first case next Wednesday.  I think that it finally has really hit me that I am going to get this done next week. 

<-------Pharmacist  I can answer general questions, but for more serious questions always ask your surgeon.

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/12 1:07 am, edited 3/21/12 1:08 am
OK, I am really, really sorry to share this with you. Brace yourself... You are completely normal! :) Almost everyone gets nervous when they have the actual "date". Breathe and repeat often. :) this is what you have been waiting for. Your adventure is about to begin. People get nervous before the start of a dream vacation too!

Wishing you much happiness and success!

Dorathea
on 3/21/12 1:10 am - Lexington, KY
Revision on 03/28/12
Thanks!  I've had the date for over a week, but didn't know the time.  I think having the time for surgery just made things seem more real to me.  I think I will be okay once I let everything soak in.

<-------Pharmacist  I can answer general questions, but for more serious questions always ask your surgeon.

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/12 1:13 am
Fill your time with positive thoughts regarding how wonderful you we feel when you lose your weight.  Make a dream list of things you will want to do.  And take lots of pictures...
dani02
on 3/21/12 1:50 am - Utica, MI
The real problem for me was when they called me back to prep me. I had to
leave my husband, he was my strength. I knew that as long as he was calm
then I was OK. But man oh man when I walked away  from him that was when
it hit me hard.

The unknown is scary. Fat has kept us protected and safe, it has kept us warm.
Obesity was my friend, it was there for me when I needed it. At that moment
I had to let my friend go. It was hard. But the new friend I got was and is a
thousand percent better.

I found ME!

Congrats to you,
Dani

AlohaJen
on 3/21/12 4:16 am
RNY on 09/05/12
Hi, I have just begun my 6 month approval journey for the RNY.... having been heavy since the 3rd grade, how do you learn to live as a slim person?  Were you heavy all your life?  I dont even know how to begin to think that I wont have that monkey on my back one day.... I hate to admit it, but I am a little scared..... any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated...  I am 275 now and assume my goal weight will be at least 100 down..... Thanks !

HW 304   SW 258  CW 199  GW  160?

M M
on 3/21/12 3:32 am
Dorathea
on 3/21/12 3:40 am - Lexington, KY
Revision on 03/28/12
Melting Mama!  That is hilarious.    I needed that laugh.  Thanks!  I'm feeling better now.

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/12 8:12 am
 :)   Its SOOO  worth it !!  Don't worry - be happy ... U know how many THOUSANDS of people would probably KILL to be in Ur lucky shoes right now ?  

The surgery ..in MY limited experience is a piece of cake ...  the recovery .. DELIGHTFUL .  Don't forget , under the layers of fat U're going to find Ur REAL self !  '

Its an amazing journey of better  health, mobility , and  finally achieving Ur dreams 
CoraDee
on 3/21/12 6:25 pm
Fair warning, the first two days are gonna suck. But by the end of the first week, you'll be feeling pretty normal again. Good luck!

Most Active