Two Years Out I have Sheduled Plastic Surgery

Tonya1263
on 3/22/12 9:53 am
So - It's been two years since I had a Lap RNY and (as you can see in the ticker) I have lost 235lbs! Everyone tells me I look great and I know I look better but I don't see great.  I have the turkey neck and am really, really seriously pear shaped (like 10" bigger in the hips).  The panni is creating problems in the skin fold and making my ankles swell.  My butt and arms wiggle and jiggle ten minutes after the rest of me stops moving. 

SO I have decided to go and have plastic surgery.  I am scheduled for a lower body lift (an LBL for those in the know) and a tummy tuck, a breast lift, and I'm having my bat wings removed.  I am having so many "ectomies" it takes-up an entire line in the letter from the surgeons office.  I am so looking forward to not having to wear black, navy, or dark brown pants, to not have to buy long shirt tails, to always wear sleeves.  I have worked and worked and worked and I don't want to still feel fat.

I am also struggling with numbers.  I had wanted to get to 180 and I struggled to get to 185 but my body just fights like heck when I get below that.  That means my BMI is 29.8 - I am only 0.1 from obese.  I have struggled for 2 long hard grueling years to be on the verge of obese. 

My WLS surgeon tells me I am a poster child for RNY surgery and I can not hope to have done better since I bested his prediction by a bunch.  He tells me to get to the weight and shape I want I need a surgeon to remove the excess skin. SO I went for a consult with a plastic surgeon last November.   He tells me he does this week in and week out and I am an excellent candidate.  I will get the results I see in the pictures in his web site.  The real down side - 6 hours of surgery and   three weeks of time off for recovery, and 4 drains.  Still on May 11, 2012 I will go into the hospital for the third time in just over 2 years and I hope that the end result will be worth the risk, the pain, and the cost.

I deserve this and later this fall I am going to have a face-lift to get rid of the turkey neck.  Nothing extreme but I am only 50 and I look 65 or more.  I have worked really hard and I deserve to feel beautiful. 

Wish me luck!
Tonya                
kathkeb
on 3/22/12 11:26 am
Hey, Tonya I am 2 weeks post tummy tuck and not regretting it a bit.

I had my arms and breasts done about 16 months ago ...... And love the results.

It is a great way to come full circle and put obesity behind you

All the best!
Kath

jengo1971
on 3/22/12 11:58 am

Congrats on the awesome wt loss!  I too have struggled to get to a normal bmi.  At 5'1" (barely) and 135-138 pounds, I'm still considered overweight per my bmi.  I've had zero wt loss since October of last year.

Have you had your body composition done?  If not I highly recommend doing so.  This will give you a better idea of where you're at instead of being a slave to the scale.  Maybe wait until after plastics.  Good luck!

Jennifer

hi there.  pleased to meet you.  ~jennifer                        
bigtigger1010
on 3/22/12 12:32 pm - Laurel, MD
VSG on 04/05/12
Sounds like u've done GREAT!!! I've heard that they usually take off about 10 lbs of skin for every hundred u've lost... so u should come out of this well under ur goal!

GOOD LUCK! I'm sure it'll suck immeadiately post op but I'm also sure it'll be more than worth it! that's y i haven't even had my surgery yet and i already started my plastics fund!

HW:344  SW:329  CW:207.8  Losses: pre-op - 15/ post-op - 121.2        
M1 -  25      M2 -  18    M3 -  14.2    M4  - 11.8     M5   - 14      M6  -  9.6
M7 -  6.6     M8 -  7.0   M9 -  5.6      M10 - 7.8      M11 - 1.6+      M12- ??    

mama2girls
on 3/22/12 1:34 pm
I'm happy for you and I hope for your speedy recovery

HW:409  SW:328 CW:185-190 GW: 190, lowest wt:165;

GS Surgery date 8/9/11

Body by Sauceda born 12/9/16

"I'm working on myself, for myself, by myself"

mollypitcher08
on 3/22/12 11:20 pm
Tonya -just wanted to wish you good luck with your surgeries! Awesome weight loss! I can so relate to the hanging panni, batwings, etc.  I still weigh in at 255# after losing 200+! I can't seem to get below this weight and my GP agrees that probably at least 40# in my panni alone!
They want me to drop 50# before they'll consider even referring me to a PS! Dang it's hard work after almost 3-1/2 yrs post RNY!
Please let us all know how you make out and how you are doing! I hope all goes well! Thanks for your post-maybe I'll be doing the same after 50#!!! Take good care.  Mary
BWB
on 3/23/12 12:16 am, edited 3/23/12 12:16 am
I want you to come back after the surgery so we can see what to expect. I have been considering the extra lbs that are skin issues and figured that I have 15 lbs that will be PS issues. So of my 40 lbs to lose, 25 is what I really have to meet. Before I go through more surgery I need to learn more about PS. Thanks for posting, I've been wanting to see more discussions here.

MacMo
on 3/23/12 4:48 am
Tonya,
     Congratulations on your weight loss, AND your decision to have this surgery. I'm in the process of consulting with plastic surgeons now, and as soon as I find one that is a good fit for me, I plan to join the ranks!  I had my RNY 2 years ago too (3/2/10) and I've lost 140 #'s. I'm at 178 right now, and the first surgeon I saw told me I was probably looking at 18-24 #'s loss with the removal of skin and fat.  If that's the case, I would be right where I want to be, and maybe I wouldn't have to buy a bigger size pants to fit around my "panni", and then take them up in waist!!
     I wish you all the luck in the world, and I hope you do as well with this as you have with your WLS. Can't wait to see some before & after's!!!! 
Most Active