Mix Emotions

abeniF
on 4/5/12 9:02 am

So I haven't had my surgery yet and boy I'm having so much mix emotions about this. I don't know if this is normal. Some one HELP ME ! why do I feel like this ?

Marcia101
on 4/5/12 9:19 am
RNY on 06/22/22
Honey its completely normal. You know your up for the surgery, but you also know the risk involved. Just try to educate your self as much as possible regarding the surgery, it develops for confidents in patients. True, that you will tend to come across some scary topics, but you should direct those questionable topics to your health care provider. May I ask which surgery? RNY, LAP ect?
abeniF
on 4/5/12 9:32 am
RNY...
 what you said is very true. I m very scared of the risk involved.I had never had surgrey.. Besides this site do you know any other i can look into for more info?
Marcia101
on 4/5/12 9:42 am
RNY on 06/22/22
To be honest with you, I have been on alot of websites, and Journals that give alot of medical info. BUT, i have to say that this website gives so much info, and mainly hands on experience. Go into the RNY Forum, you will learn SO much, and most of all who better to give advise and encouragement then Post op Patients.
abeniF
on 4/5/12 11:09 am
thank you
(deactivated member)
on 4/5/12 11:51 am
Are you ready to make a life-long commitment to change the way you eat?  The surgery will help but it will be up to you to follow the program for lasting results.  Some people find it hard to follow, and many find it impossible.  If you have food issues (most suffering from morbid obesity do), you need to deal with them know as surgery will not fix such things as emotional eating.  It is better to go slow and deal with the issues before surgery.  I have seen people on this board eat AMAZINGLY STUPID things immediately after surgery (hot dogs, steak, sugary milkshakes, etc.).  They will complain that they constantly feel nauseated every time they eat (when they are eating solid food and still supposed to be on liquids). 

So, is some of your fear actually about lifestyle changes and your commitment to follow through or is it just surgery itself?

Wishing you best,

abeniF
on 4/5/12 12:06 pm

Christoper, I'm ready to make a change. I had made changes they way i eat now. No soda, cut rice ( big thing in Hawaii) and not a big fan of sweets. so  i don't think I'm afraid of the changes.  

southbay311
on 4/6/12 4:57 am - NV
RNY on 02/22/12
Congrats on making our club! What you are feeling I bet has happened to each one of us prior to surgery. I know I had my days of wondering if this was right. I am 6 weeks out and still learning my way back to food, but I have no regrets. I was very lucky without complications or much pain at all. I know my suffering has been so much greater being obese and low self esteem. Weigh your options with life in general, and somehow I think I know which way will be better and more contented for you.

Best of luck and enjoy the ride!!!

Nance
H/W 326   S/W 287                                                                                     GW 145                                                      
Most Active