Approved for Lap Band!

angelbabyamy
on 4/7/12 1:26 am - Myrtle Point, OR
I am so excited! I am approved for a Lap Band! Last year I found a new job mainly because the insurance covered WLS. I started the process last September and after appeals, my doctor's office called Thursday with the good news!
My insurance will only cover Lap Band,but  the surgeon says he will do an imbrication also.
We are possible looking at a May 10th date.
Woo Hoo!!! I have gained over 100 pounds since I had back surgery in 2001.
Any suggestions on what I shoulddo to prepare would be great!!

Amy
Marilyn101
on 4/7/12 2:58 am - FL
Congratulations !!! every doctor has there own way of having you prepare just make sure you follow the instructions your given. Good luck and keep us posted.
MARIA F.
on 4/7/12 4:16 am - Athens, GA

~Any suggestions on what I shoulddo to prepare would be great!!~

My suggestion would be to get anything BUT the CRAP-BAND! I have the band and I would not wi**** on my worst enemy! I might as well have paid $15,000 for a hair scrunchie to be implanted on my stomach!!!

Think twice, cut once!

FormerlyFluffy.com

DawnONeil
on 4/7/12 4:35 am - MI
 I agree with you crap band.... but i have better words for that POS thing
Malz579
on 4/7/12 4:55 am - Clermont, FL
RNY on 02/01/12
I also agree with Maria and Dawn. i had the band also and after 6 yrs of complications, i finally revised to RNY. yes some people lose weight with the band, i did too, but the suffering was not worth it. 

angelbabyamy
on 4/7/12 5:02 am - Myrtle Point, OR
The lap band is the ONLY WLS my insurance will cover, so that is what I am going to do. My doctor is also going to do an imbrication of the stomach. He says it's something he does to help the weight loss. I would love to have gastric bypass, but I will take what I can get!
(deactivated member)
on 4/7/12 5:08 am - Mexico
On April 7, 2012 at 12:02 PM Pacific Time, angelbabyamy wrote:
The lap band is the ONLY WLS my insurance will cover, so that is what I am going to do. My doctor is also going to do an imbrication of the stomach. He says it's something he does to help the weight loss. I would love to have gastric bypass, but I will take what I can get!

APPEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Most of us revisions did that.  Well, not me... I was self pay.  But most revisions have to appeal.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  That is most certainly NOT your only surgery type, YOU choose what you want and WE help you appeal and YOU get what you want.

No excuses here.

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 4/7/12 7:46 am
it's possible to appeal that & get a better surgery.

did you know that the manufacturer of the band states right on it's website that it is not meant to last a life time?

it is not a lifetime product

doesn't that scare you?

here is the link 

www.allergan.com/assets/pdf/lapband_dfu.pdf

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

(deactivated member)
on 4/7/12 9:37 am - Mexico
On April 7, 2012 at 2:46 PM Pacific Time, multiplepetmom wrote:
it's possible to appeal that & get a better surgery.

did you know that the manufacturer of the band states right on it's website that it is not meant to last a life time?

it is not a lifetime product

doesn't that scare you?

here is the link 

www.allergan.com/assets/pdf/lapband_dfu.pdf

LIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Valerie G.
on 4/7/12 11:44 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 Make sure they will pay to have it removed, too, and the fills that you'll be getting quite often.  It's strange that it's the only thing they cover....not to mention unfortunatel

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active