New to the forum, surgery date: 4/23/12!!

ProtaZoey
on 4/15/12 3:31 am - Cape Coral, FL
VSG on 04/23/12

Hi, everyone!  I'm new to the forum, but figured I'd get involved with a couple forums before surgery...one of my last things to do with being scheduled for 4/23/12 :)

Needless to say, I'm SUPER nervous, but excited at the same time.  I can't wait to begin this new chapter in my life, and am looking forward to working hard and doing everything I can to make myself a success.

Just wanted to pop in and say hello...will be starting my full liquid diet tomorrow for the last week before my whole life changes for the better and for all time!!

~*Zoe*~
The Sapphire Moon - My Etsy store
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com

sparkle1980
on 4/15/12 4:26 am
DS on 06/29/12
 Hi Zoe! I am new as well.  I will look forward to learning from you, as I hope to undergo weight loss surgery soon, too.  How was your insurance approval process?  What procedure are you having?
ProtaZoey
on 4/15/12 8:54 am - Cape Coral, FL
VSG on 04/23/12
Hi there!  Welcome :)  I'm having vertical sleeve gastrectomy, and actually, my insurance company was upfront about what was needed for me to get the wheels in motion right away :)  I have a great doctor and staff at his office supporting me through everything!
~*Zoe*~

southbay311
on 4/15/12 5:33 am, edited 4/15/12 5:33 am - NV
RNY on 02/22/12
Hi Zoe,

Your dreams will become a reality with taking this first step. I had my surgery on 2/22/12 and have no regrets. I have found this board to be a great source of info and knowledge. I kept looking at the before and afters dreaming about how that would feel if it were me. So far I am down 66 pounds and the dream seems more like an opportunity now. It will happen, and I can't be more thankful for another chance to be happier within myself.

Best of luck and I'm sure you will do just great!

Nancy
H/W 326   S/W 287                                                                                     GW 145                                                      
aliyahrg
on 4/15/12 7:06 am
 Hi Zoey!
I'm new too! Just booked for June 7th!
Completely feeling the same nervous but excited feeling. Now that it's book and deposit is going through suddenly I'm even more scared, hence going the forum. 
Hope to keep writing and hearing how the pre-op diet is going. What are you having done? 
Lisa S.
on 4/15/12 8:15 am - Lexington, NC
Mini Gastric Bypass on 03/14/12
Hi Zoe,

Welcome "Home". Come on in and join in on the fun. If you have any questions, just ask away. I'm one month out, and (most days) I don't regret having the surgery. ((I'm in my *****y/pity party phase)

Follow the doctor's orders and keep us posted.

GOOD LUCK!!
ProtaZoey
on 4/15/12 9:40 am - Cape Coral, FL
VSG on 04/23/12

Thanks for the welcoming, all :)  I'll be on liquids as soon as I'm up in the AM tomorrow...good luck to me indeed, I'll need it, as I'm fresh off of a 'last supper' with friends of steak, baked potato, corn, and carrot cake for dessert :P  I've said my good-byes to AYCE buffets, soda, and fast foods and I'm ready for a new beginning!

~*Zoe*~

Fat2Flaca R.
on 4/16/12 12:54 am - Chicago, IL
VSG on 04/25/12
 good luck! my surgery is 4/25 and im on day 6 of clear liquids and shakes. it was hell the first few days, but id suggest looking up discussions on OH for head hunger and find way to stay busy. Im reading "Mindfull eating"  and its been an awesome distraction and very educational for my future lifestyle change. 

VSG on 4/25/12  SW400   Before Liquid Diet 377  After Liquid Diet 366  CW 234  GW 180 

Fat2Flaca.com Fat2Flaca.Tumblr.com Facebook.com/Fat2Flaca   Twitter.com/Fat2Flaca ThickThrift.bigcartel.com  

j_dizzy03
on 4/15/12 9:42 am - VA
Hi!  I have my surgery the day after you.  I'm on day 6 of my Optifast and I'm doing good!  Just the last hurdle before my life will completely change...

Just wanted to say Good Luck!

~Jen
Nixie76
on 4/15/12 10:45 am
RNY on 04/10/12
Hi and welcome! My surgery for Roux n Y gastric bypass was last Tuesday and i've been home from the hospital for two days now. I was lucky that my insurance was also very cooperative! I was so nervous beforehand, mostly scared of anesthesia. Everything went textbook. I didnt find the liquid diet too hard (but it wasnt easy either!) I think the excitement of the upcoming surgery got me through 12 days of shakes and 2 days of clear fluids. I wish you the best success on your journey. Remember this time is about YOU and dont feel guilty being 'selfish' by only working on you for awhile!
-"Make the decision, then do something - no matter how small - toward accomplishing what you want"-
-"What would you attempt, if you knew you could not fail?"-

Most Active