one day out post op

Meghann89
on 5/2/12 11:44 am - MI
I am currently still in hospital, this is my first full day of surgery I focused so much on the life style change that it completly passed my mind that there would be pain lol please tell me this is normal and is not too much longer!!? Also any tricks to get out gas?? I appreciate any advice!
jodisue40
on 5/2/12 12:07 pm - OH
RNY on 04/11/12
I know everyone is different, but it does it better....I left the hospital taking no pain meds there after
good luck to you

BigJohnny09
on 5/2/12 12:15 pm
RNY on 04/10/12
Sorry to say the gas eases itself out. Best thing is fluids and walking. first nite, i walked 4  laps around hospital fllor, not at once but regularly.  Not sure if you have a jacksonpruitt drain, but thats where my pain came, they took it out next day, and I felt way better
Isabelsjewelry
on 5/2/12 1:04 pm
 like the song goes.....walk it out! At first I dreaded walking in the hospital, I just wanted to sleep. But man once I started feeling the rewards of walking, I walked my self right out of that hospital! well after 2 days. I ran a fever and they wouldnt let me go home! 

RNY(3/8/2012)    
SuzysJourney72
on 5/2/12 11:43 pm - Wilmington, NC
Congratulations!  Hope you begin to feel better soon!  I am preop for WLS, but I did have the same gas problem with my c-section.  Best thing to do is walk as much as you can.  I know its uncomfortable and you are in pain right now, but its the only way the air can work it's way out and you will be on your way to recovery!
Good luck to you and keep us posted!

MyLady Heidi
on 5/3/12 1:02 am
Walking, lots of walking, I walked 6 miles in laps around the nurses station, and yes they kept track. It helps move the gas and make you feel better.

Good Luck
Most Active