STILL NOT LOSING

KIMMIKAK1119
on 5/29/12 1:56 pm
i am so sorry that you are also dealing with this issue.  i spoke with my alternative doctor the other day, and he is testing a weight loss program out right now but he won't let me go on it until he makes sure that it will be ok for me...i believe from the things he has told me that it might be the human growth hormone but not sure.

i will tell you like everyone is telling me....hang in there.

what does your doctor, the nutrionist and the nurse say?

have you considered revision?  i know i am not as far out as you are, but i have been researching this just in case.

best to you, and lets keep in touch some....maybe between us and others, we will find our way.

God bless and best to you.
  KIMMIKAK                                                 
Pupcake !.
on 5/29/12 6:10 am - Stranded in, IA
 It does get harder to lose the further you are out.   Really frustrating too.  It sounds like you have tried all the suggestions people have given you but have you continued them?

Mainly keep tracking what you are eating.  Try to stay off the scale and only weigh weekly or every other week (it will decrease the frustration)

Is it possible you could visit an OA meeting or see a therapist?   Losing the weight is the fun part, dealing with real life without food as a comfort is the hard part.  Esp if you aren't losing, you might do what I do and give up and eat what I want (since I'm not losing anyway).

Hang in there, you can lose more but it may take more work than you thought.

Pup

No surgery has been harmed/defamed by the writer of this post.  
RNY 10/28/03 305# 8/11/04 147#  9 years out and >75% EWL!

KIMMIKAK1119
on 5/29/12 2:09 pm
thanks....and yes, continued with the suggestions everyone is giving.

my biggest thing is i never had a problem with food....i was what the doctors called the poster child for what to do right.  the issue with the weight is due to my health.  i know a lot of people probably say this, but i got confirmation from all my doctors after  years of thinking i was deceiving myself....etc.

i was born sick, and the health issues have just continued to mount up and add up....the surgery was more to save my life (long story) than to lose weight.  to be honest, ALL my doctors said they didn't know if i would lose weight with the surgery, but they were almost 100% certain that I would not be at deaths door daily due to the changes in certain areas of health that take place when you have the surgery.

i have always been a health nut, and have gone to the oa meetings and met with nutritionists all my life, as well as doing so after the surgery.

i guess i just have to be patient and let the journey continue and be thankful for the changes that have taken place so far.

oh, and i only, faithfully, get on the scale once a week. 

thanks so much for your input...it is encouraging to have people to talk to and get ideas, etc.

congrats on your success!  and God bless.
  KIMMIKAK                                                 
southernlady5464
on 5/29/12 8:37 am
I suspect, given the small amount you had to lose (less than 150 lbs) that you are a lightweight. We tend to get to goal but sometimes the last part of the ride down is agonizingly slow.

I got to 135 in Aug 2011 (my surgery was Jan 2011) and then I stalled til Feb 2012 (still was 134 at that point). Then I dropped 5 lbs. Got to 129 and had jaw surgery. Dropped another 8 right after that. I got as low as 121, then had surgery again on my jaw. I gained 3 lbs almost overnight due to fluids and gas/bloat. They gave me antibiotics at day surgery and for 5 days after...my system needs repopulating with GOOD bugs!

So my stall was six MONTHS long.

Measure yourself cause even the months you do not lose weight, you are probably losing inches. I lost about 10 inches all over from Aug 2011 to March 2012 (almost the entire time I was stalled and 5 lbs doesn't measure that many inches, LOL)

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

KIMMIKAK1119
on 5/29/12 2:13 pm
thanks...and the lightweight comment made me smile....

i was told over and over in the doctors office prior to surgery that i was a small one...lol

i found that so oddly satisfying for me personally to be called small...lol

from all everyone is telling me i am just going to have to be patient i guess.

i am having issues with bloating and gas now and the gas is not something i had until recently.

also, for the first time in my life thinking about food 24/7 and not getting full or if i do, it lasts only about 30 minutes to an hour.

this makes it hard as well, as i have never had the food issue before so it is new to me.  that is a long story....

thanks again, and congrats on your success.

KIMMIKAK                                                 
kdunn
on 5/30/12 4:03 am - Goodlettsville, TN
I am like you up and down the same 2 to 6 pounds for 2 months.  I started the Five Day Pouch test yesterday.  The first days you go back to basic of liquids.  Dropped 4.6 pounds yesterday.  Hopefully this will kick start the losing again.  I am 13 months out from surgery.  I still have over 70 pounds to meet my goal of 150 pounds.  Hang in there.  It is really nice going shopping and buying smaller sizes.  You may be losing inches.  I have dropped from a 26-28 to size 16/18.  So there are lots of non scale victories.
KIMMIKAK1119
on 5/30/12 8:25 am
thank you so much for this info...i have been thinking of doing the liquid thing again to see if it would jump start me and i guess maybe my spirit was trying to tell me something.  : )

now, I have never heard of the pouch test????  where did you hear it from and what all do you do?

Thanks again so much....this renews my hope and helps me to get rid of a bit of the frustration...i will start tomorrow. 

I look forward to hearing from you again, and with more of the details on how and what to do.

best of luck to you....

and no, not losing inches either as clothes are not fitting any differently.

KIMMIKAK                                                 
kdunn
on 5/30/12 12:47 pm - Goodlettsville, TN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0KitGTBeng&sns=em Hopefully, the youtube above will work. If not search one five day pouch test. Choose the one with the red background. I'll post again tomorrow. Gooe luck.
KIMMIKAK1119
on 5/30/12 1:04 pm
thank you...i will check it out.
  KIMMIKAK                                                 
Most Active