STILL NOT LOSING

KIMMIKAK1119
on 5/28/12 7:03 am
Still not losing.  Been stalled for going on 10 weeks now, up and down by 2-4 lbs. 

I have tried all the suggestions docs, people on here, etc have given me, and now, along with the stall, i am having a lot of trouble exercising due to other health issues.

Oh, and the exercising wasn't helping anyway, stalled during that.

I am hungry all the time now, and think about food every waking moment.

My surgery was aug 8, 2012, and i have lost back and forth between  80-85 lbs.

I still have between 25-30 lbs to go.

Stalling for a short time is normal, but for 2 1/2 months....

Very frustrated.

Anyone else do this, and then see the move start up again and get to goal weight?

Thanks.
  KIMMIKAK                                                 
paranoidmother21
on 5/28/12 7:52 am - Lake Zurich, IL
Yup. Had my surgery 12-09, stalled from 6-09 through mid-9-09, and then dropped the rest after everyone, even my surgeon, thought I was done.

Hang in there.
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

KIMMIKAK1119
on 5/28/12 2:32 pm
thanks...nice to know i am not alone...i hate it happens to others, but gives me renewed hope...just hope it doesn't stall as long as you did...i haven't bought any new clothes and don't want to until i reach my goal and stay there for a while.  friends have given me a few clothes and some i just wear big... 

thanks again for answering
  KIMMIKAK                                                 
paranoidmother21
on 5/29/12 12:19 am - Lake Zurich, IL
None at all?? Do yourself a BIG favor - hit either clearance sales in the major department stores, or a thrift store in an affluent area and try on smaller sizes.  It was amazing how finding Gap jeans (the shape that fits me best now, although I lust after Miss Me jeans!) with the tags still on for $5 in a size that actually FIT WELL made me feel!  And for $5, I didn't mind spending the money!

Seriously, go find a couple cute things that fit and are cheap - the mental boost will help you through this.  It may take you a while to find the brands and sizes that work for you, but the time will be well spent!
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

KIMMIKAK1119
on 5/29/12 1:59 pm
thanks so much.  i did have a friend that gave me 2 pairs of jeans, but i am still bloating and swelling in the stomach and under the breast area, but the legs are always to big, and so they don't fit correctly.

i think the swelling is going to be an issue to find a good fit.

i also found one pair at the thrift store, and when i got the ones from my friend, they were actually 3 sizes smaller...WOOOOO HOOOOOO

thanks again for all your input.

it helps to talk to others that have gone through this.
  KIMMIKAK                                                 
qnmimi
on 5/28/12 3:37 pm - Cottage Grove, MN
I totally agree. I'm almost a year and a half out...met my sureon's goal, but still working towards my goal. I have read a few posts that have pretty much said that the last 20 can bee pretty tough, I would certainly agree. Be patient, keep working towards your goal, but perhaps your NUT can help too.

KIMMIKAK1119
on 5/29/12 2:03 pm
thanks so much for the input...i guess i just have to be patient...something i usually am but for some reason not so much with this issue.

i think for several reasons...one being i am terrified of gaining it all back, especially since i think about food 24/7 now, and the pouch doesn't get full and when it does, it is only for about 20 minutes to an hour.

i will continue my journey though, and found a picture today at my starting weight....i saw how sick i really looked and i mean health wise sick, and i won't go there again.

still having a lot of health issues, but some have gone away or diminished some so i am thankful for that.

congrats on meeting surgeons goal!!! and best to you on yours.
  KIMMIKAK                                                 
walterswife
on 5/28/12 7:44 pm
Although there is a slight possibliity yo might be finished, the pobability is that you will continue to lose.  Stalls like yours are not uncommon.  Many patients lose for between 18 and 24 months and you have not even reached the 12 month mark.  Some lose after the two year mark if they get back to the basics.

Just hang in there.  You just have to be patient.  If you are keeping check on the type of food you are eating, the protein comsumed, limitation of sugar and carbs, getting sufficient fluids and taking your supplements faithfully, your weight loss should pick up again. Also do your best to get to the position where you can do some exercise.  All these things work togetherf.

Keep the faith!  Your journey remains intact.

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

KIMMIKAK1119
on 5/29/12 1:54 pm
thank you...i guess i am just going to have to be patient.  i appreciate all the encouragement and i keep tabs on the food...

although, even after all this time, i find it difficult to keep up with the calories, but i work hard at trying to do it.

i am trying so hard to start the exercising program again, but the pain is so bad sometimes that i just can't do it.  to many chronic pain diseases makes it so hard, and they seem to be rearing their ugliness big time these days.

thanks again....and good luck to you on continued success.
  KIMMIKAK                                                 
REININGCHICK
on 5/29/12 2:11 am - AZ
i havent lost a single pound in a year and half. im at 195lbs. im not even near my goal. my body came to a stand still. i worked out, changed my dient. did everything your suppose to and nothing.
i have 50lbs still to go. i gave up. i eat like im suppose to i try not starring at the scale and weighin my self daily because all it does is up set me. i weigh my self once a week to make sure i dont gain. im about to  do the hcg diet to lose the rest or go all liquid until its off. i dont know what else to do. so i feel your pain =(

Most Active