Question for the ladies

stacy158
on 7/6/12 7:37 am - TX
RNY on 10/23/12
I am still pre-op, but have been trying to get to the goal weight my surgeon wants me at prior to surgery and have lost about 15 lbs.  For quite a while, I've had non-regular (mostly non-exisistant-no complaints!) periods, but now all of a sudden, it seems like things are working properly, even with a small amount of weight lost.  Is this something other people have noticed? 
JJ_
on 7/6/12 8:15 am
When you store fat in your cells, you also store extra hormones.  So when you lose weight, the stored hormones are released as you lose weight.  So you may be weepy, mood swings, changes to your periods, etc.

Good luck!

Judy
stacy158
on 7/6/12 8:39 am - TX
RNY on 10/23/12
Thanks for the reply!  I guess it's just something I'll have to deal with, I can't wait til surgery! 
CAJUN71
on 7/6/12 10:59 am - TX
RNY on 07/02/12
for the last year or so, my periods have been everything but regular... to the point where my GYN recommended an ablation to end them.. the procedure could be done in his office except for the fact that i weighed over 250 pounds, therefore requiring a hospital stay.. it was at that point that he referred me for bariatric surgery, which i had four days ago.. when i came out of the hospital on wednesday, my monthly friend decided to pay me a visit, 10 days early of course.. but i did notice that there was alot less cramping and the flow seemed normal.. im hoping that this is a sign of the future, and that this surgery might fix even these extra problems lol.. good luck!!

comeundone
on 7/6/12 3:34 pm - OH
 after surgery mine came every two weeks for a few months and went from a "3 day happy period" (my doctors words) to 5 day heavy period. I am finally at once a month again(still 5 days)
HW 289  SW 242

anm1230
on 7/7/12 3:24 am
 I am new here but wanted to comment and ask a question too. 
I do know that weight loss changes yor hormones and also can increase fertility. ( I'm a nursing student by the way)

My question is anyone have an IUD(Mirena) and how did the weight loss change your cycles? 
I have my first appointment of three with the nutritionist on Wednesday. (surgeon wants to do my surgery in October)
MelW1986
on 7/7/12 4:12 am - MN
RNY on 05/07/12
I have the copper IUD (Paraguard) and am 2 months out today. My periods were once every 2-4 months and I would bleed for nearly 2 weeks. NOW my periods are fairly normal. Once a month and 4-6 days. Much lighter flow too and a lot less cramping for me. While I liked only bleeding once every couple months I would prefer it this way and not bleeding and cramping like crazy for 2 weeks.

anm1230
on 7/7/12 4:34 am
 I had my iud placed 8 months ago and the first six I spotted everyday. Just curious how and if my cycle will change(I know everyone is different)a few months back I even considered having it removed.
Most Active