Regrets anyone?

i_am_amazed
on 7/8/12 6:19 am
I had a VSG a little over a year ago.  I have lost 95 pounds.  I feel great.  I need to lose about 30 more pounds.  It is a little harder now, but nothing in life is easy.  No regrets other than not doing it sooner.
MyLady Heidi
on 7/8/12 10:32 am
No regrets.  I wanted to get rid of my diabetes and everything else was a bonus. 
Sherrie P.
on 7/8/12 11:29 am
RNY on 02/06/13
Lapband was the worst decision ever.  I believed that it was less invasive .. and that it was reversible and that it would help.  I believed the girl at the seminar who said, "I eat a few ounces and feel like it was Thanksgiving Dinner."  For me, I ate a few ounces and choked.. and was starving at the same time.  I could never get the fill right. Spent thousands of dollars.  It has been terrible.  Is that the same for everyone, no - of course not.  It works for some, just like me.  Just like the RNY -

As of July 1 - my new insurance covers WLS.  I am planning a revision to RNY.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Kristine S.
on 7/9/12 3:19 am - MN
I have read through all of the posts and agree with many of the "positive" ones.  I know a lady who had an experimental lap band placed many years ago.  That failed and she was converted to a DS.  After suffering severe malabsorptions problems she underwent a revision to lengthen the limb.  After hearing her story I did ask her if she regretted it and what she said hit home for me.  "If I did not start down this road of WLS I wouldn't be here today, I would be dead", so NO she did not regret it.

I think we all start the process when we are ready.  i had friends who had surgery many years ago, but for me I was scared.  I needed more time to research and look at my options.  I started the process March 2011 with my first visit to hear of my options.  The surgeon that day told us all that he was only giving us  tool, that the work still needs to be done by us.  I finally did have surgery May 15th, 2012.  I had a Lap RNY and so far so good.  A lot of trial and error with foods, but even now, the food choice is mine.  I can grab the carbs and eat that and watch my weight go back up or I can chose to make better options.  I honestly can say I am having fun doing this.

The extra weight was making it difficult to walk and I walk on my job for 8 hours a day.  The weight was finally affecting my daily life.  I took charge.  I don't know how or why I would regret it because I did it for me and my health.

If you have questions, keep seeking clarification.  Arm yourself with all that you need so you can make a decision that you can live with and have no regrets.
Kristine

Most Active