Regrets anyone?

amybob
on 7/7/12 9:46 am
I'm curious if anyone has any regrets either with choices they made after surgery or regret having the surgery at all?
SueBee01
on 7/7/12 10:30 am - Orange Park, FL
Lap Band on 01/30/12
Regret not having it sooner. Why I waited until I was 51 and could hardly walk was really stupid. Feeling much better about life now days!
 Sue

Eggface
on 7/7/12 10:41 am - Sunny Southern, CA
I used to regret not having it sooner but I believe my waiting till I was in the right frame of mind to make life changes has been a blessing in disguise.

So nope, not one regret. Best gift I ever gave myself. All health issues (I had a ton) resolved, off all medications for those health issues. From tight 28 to size 4 jeans is the cherry on top.

Best wishes in your research!
~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Amy B.
on 7/7/12 10:51 am - Deerfield, IL
 Nope - never - not once.  I'm almost 7 years post-op, had surgery when I was 19, had a life-threatening complication about 2 years out that lasted a good 7 months, but I would do it all again.  My quality of life is 100x what it was 7 years ago.  Sometimes I forget I had surgery, as this life of being a healthy weight in a healthy body is my new normal - so when I see pictures of myself or have cause to remember pre-op life, I feel very, very blessed.

Amy 293/140 - AT GOAL!   

Amy R.
on 7/7/12 10:52 am
No regrets about having the surgery.

My biggest regret post op was not getting my labs regularly or taking my vitamins seriously. That combination contributed to an episode of Ventrical Tachycardia that had me on life support two years ago. It was not the only reason I ended up in that situation, but had I been up on my labs and been taking vitamins correctly, odds are it wouldn't have been that serious.

But regret the surgery? Oh hell no. It's given me my life back.

Best of luck to you on your journey=)
huskergalWsD
on 7/7/12 11:09 am
oh dont get me started...I have regretted having wls since day 1 ...dont think you will get many really admitting this as much i as i do..

I could go on and on, maybe tell you in a p m my full story...

7stents (2003)...Heart Attack(2004)...Open Heart (2004)....Wls (2007)...Heart attack 2012...1 stent (2012)...Heart Attack (2013)...Heart Attack (2013)...1 stent(2013)
~~~Best Vitamin For Making Friends  B1~~~

amybob
on 7/7/12 11:53 am
I'm interested in hearing your story. I want to get all sides of the story. So far, everyone I've talked to has been happy with the results. Please fill me in.
(deactivated member)
on 7/7/12 12:47 pm
It is all about perspective.  She has had seven stents and open heart surgery before her WLS.  Arguably she would probably not be alive today without her WLS, yet she still regrets having it. She can best tell you why she is so unhappy.
(deactivated member)
on 7/8/12 2:29 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
On July 7, 2012 at 6:53 PM Pacific Time, amybob wrote:
I'm interested in hearing your story. I want to get all sides of the story. So far, everyone I've talked to has been happy with the results. Please fill me in.
Click on the link in my siggy and you can read all about the reasons why so many of us now regret our decision to get the LAGB.

Go to the Revisions forum, and read about all their experiences with all the WLS choices there. It's good that you are willing to look into the " Cons " side of all the WLS, because many pre ops are afraid to dig deeper, because they just want to lose the weight NOW, and they have tunnel vision.
(deactivated member)
on 7/8/12 2:25 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
On July 7, 2012 at 6:09 PM Pacific Time, huskergalWsD wrote:
oh dont get me started...I have regretted having wls since day 1 ...dont think you will get many really admitting this as much i as i do..

I could go on and on, maybe tell you in a p m my full story...
I completely agree with you, if I could go back in time with all the knowledge I have now, I would have elected not to have any WLS..

I would also like to read about your experience, so please PM it to me.
Most Active