Weight Lost Has Come to a Halt...Why??????

Blooming B.
on 7/12/12 6:06 pm - Pittsburg, CA
RNY on 01/04/12
I have been eating carbs again that's why but I am so addicted how do I stop. I can only tolerate crackers, but I really need to get back on track. I'm Frustrated with Myself....I've lost 76lbs but I really need to lose at least 24lbs and I can't seem to do it.
Qutee    
brandithomas
on 7/12/12 7:53 pm - CA
 You lose your max a year out. Your weightloss slows down around 4-6 months, then you'll start dropping a bunch again. It'll pick up. I ate a lot of carbs too, I would crave them, just hang in there and try to fill up mostly on high protein foods cause if you eat carbs you'll crave carbs...
 Brandi Thomas
Dave Chambers
on 7/13/12 12:16 am - Mira Loma, CA
I do hope you're exercising. BUT, as you lose wt, you do not burn as many calories moving a lighter body. So you likely need to mix up your exercises and do MORE to expereince a wt loss restart. It took me 24 months to lose my max wt, but I got too low in wt for comfort.  Crackers are a "waste of food", as they have no nutritional value.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

(deactivated member)
on 7/13/12 12:47 am
Carbs keep you out of ketosis and really affect weight loss.  Carb addiction is real.  Overeater's Anonymous support group and therapy are great tools.  Addiction is for life and it will not go away on its own.  There are tools out there that will help you combat this.  You can do it!  But, do it NOW!  Don't put it off. 

If you are struggling now, it will only get more difficult. 

wishing you much success!!!
REININGCHICK
on 7/13/12 4:07 am - AZ
how do we find out about ketosis? bc im having a problem losing weight and im 3 years out. i lost 126lbs but still have 50 to go.

(deactivated member)
on 7/13/12 9:45 am
You need a high protein and incredibly low carb diet.  You can go to your drug store and purchase Ketostix.  Those are test strips that you pee on and if they change color, you are in ketosis and burning fat (unless you have diabetes and have ketones for other reasons).  Atkins is a high fat/low carb diet, and other diet places like Lindora do the same. 

If you want to get into Ketosis, consume only protein and avoid all carbs for a couble of days and use the test strips.  Stay in moderate ketosis and you will metabolize fat. 

Best of luck!

poet_kelly
on 7/13/12 12:49 am - OH
If you have an addiction, you need to get treatment.  See a therapist, go to OA, whatever.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Feralgirl
on 7/13/12 1:12 am - Canada
RNY on 06/29/12
I talked to my Dr. about long term nutrition and stuff...he told me, having a cup of pasta, and having a cup of sugar ends up the same in our bodies! YIKES!
I was addicted to carbs too, pre-op. Thinking about it as dumping needless sugar into my body has really made me step back and re-evaluate for long-term.
Also are you on a food tracking site like Livestrong, or My Fitness Pal? They both have a little chart where you can moniter the % of carbs you take in daily. Before my WLS I was trying to stay in the 20-30 grams of carbs a day...40 was my 'danger zone'.

RNY Date - June 29th 2012

Gall Bladder out Jan 17 2013

MsBatt
on 7/13/12 1:22 am
How do you stop? Cold turkey is the best way---the more carbs you eat, the more of them your body craves.

Throw the crackers away, and don't buy any more.
Most Active