5th month out

southbay311
on 7/22/12 7:17 am - NV
RNY on 02/22/12
Well the time has flown  by....5 months ago I had my RNY bypass and have done well. I am officially down 102 pounds since beginning my journey on November 21. I had my consultation on 11/16/11 and started the preop diet on 11/21. I can't believe that I have lost over 100 pounds in such a short span of time.

The past couple of weeks I have found myself with more energy, willingness to be out and about and looking or extra things around the house to keep busy, What a change that is, considering watching TV was a favorite passtime. I walk Bella every morning and some evenings if it isn't too hot or extra humidity.

I am happier with myself and proud of all the accomplishments that have been made.  The weight is slower coming off now and I know that is expected but still its hard to accept to see a week with no movement.  I lost 10 pounds this past month and I can't complain about that at all.

H/W 326   S/W 287                                                                                     GW 145                                                      
Leslie Stout
on 7/22/12 7:44 am - IA
After getting totally bummed out reading complaints, your post was a breath of fresh air.   The thought had even crossed my mind to forget about this journey...it just asked too much.  Fortunately, I found a few people who have a positive mind set that even if they hit a hard spot in their journey, they saw what would be in the future.  Reading your post gave me hope!  Whether my surgery yields a few weeks of feeling bummed out or a recovery like yours, I know we both will reach the same conclusion!  The Lord bless you really good!
southbay311
on 7/22/12 8:21 am - NV
RNY on 02/22/12
thank you so much Leslie, I guess that must be the Iowan genes in me too. All my family was from Cherokee and Storm Lake, Iowa and it was inbreed to do your best and it will be OK.  I may not see the results I did for the first 3 months but losing is losing and I can't control how and when it shows on the scale. My surgeon said at the beginning that an average would be about 10 pounds a month and I am ahead of game so I am pleased.

Wish you well in your journey and believe me it is worth the effort, frustrating at times but still 100% worth it!
H/W 326   S/W 287                                                                                     GW 145                                                      
Leslie Stout
on 7/22/12 9:42 am - IA
OMG......I used to live in Milford, jut a little bit north of Storm Lake.  I'm back in Council Bluffs now.  Mom had a stroke and I moved back to help her out until she got back to normal.  Now I come to think of it....I don't think she was ever normal!   Nah, I'm bad....just joking! 

I can't wait to have my surgery.  Will be done with all prerequisites as of next week, so it's possible that i could be scheduled shortly thereafter.  I can't wait!!    Let's stay in touch, k?

sleevegirl
on 7/23/12 6:58 am - Austin, TX
Congrats!!!

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Most Active