Surgery Date

Dannie M.
on 8/11/12 5:54 am - NC
I finally received the call I have been waiting for since January 17th. My insurance company has approved me for surgery and the date has been set for SEPTEMBER 6,2012. I was asked to start a total liquid diet now due to concerns that my incredibly high BMI translates to a very large liver and being only 5 ft 1 the surgeon feels the reduction in carbs and fats is needed in order to give him the room he needs to safely maneuver around the liver. I am on day 3 of the liquids and doing ok, I am determined to the best I can pre and post op. My 30 year old body can no longer handle the crushing weight. I feel as though I have been given a new birthday, one that I will celebrate daily.

Thank yous to all of the wonderful folks on here who have given me support and encouragement throughout this insurance battle. I truly appreciate it!
Dannie

Ginger P.
on 8/11/12 7:22 am - Crofton, MD
Dannie...Good luck with your surgery, I got my date for September 11,2012....I start my liquid diet the 28th..glad to hear its not so bad!  I know the feeling about the body my 53 year old body is so ready for the new venture in my life! Wishing you the best please keep posting on how your doing! 
Ginger

Esta F.
on 8/11/12 9:44 am - IL
RNY on 07/25/12
Congrats!

MsBatt
on 8/11/12 10:38 am
I told you this before, and I'm going to tell you again---given your BMI, you really, seriously need to think very hard about having the DS rather than any other form of WLS. The surgeon you have listed does not do the DS, so it's highly unlikely he's given you complete, accurate info about it---the Ford dealer isn't going to sing the praises of the Lexus, after all.

The DS has the very best long-term, maintained weight-loss stats for patients of any size, but this is especially true for those of us with a BMI greater than 50. It's also the best at resolving or preventing co-morbs like diabetes and high cholesterol.

Please keep in mind that the key word here is MAINTAINED. Nearly everyone can lose a lot of weight with any form of WLS---the hard part is maintaining that loss long-term, and the higher your BMI has been the harder that seems to be. Please visit the Revision forum, and read this article:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/4416773/quotDoes-the-Patient-Fail-the-Procedure-or-Does-the/
martitalinda
on 8/11/12 12:15 pm
 What great news!!! Congratulations!!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

SueBee01
on 8/11/12 1:26 pm - Orange Park, FL
Lap Band on 01/30/12
Congratulations to both of you!
 Sue

Kathleen W.
on 8/11/12 7:52 am, edited 8/11/12 7:53 am - Lancaster, PA
Congradulations on being approved and getting a date.  You can so do this. And believe me, it;s so worth it.  It sounds like you're pretty close to me when I had my surgery.  I'm just about 5'1"  and am maintaining  a 202 lb weight loss. So happy for you.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

brenlee1965
on 8/12/12 1:12 pm - New Berlin, NY
Congrats.....I wish you the very best.
 Bren                
Most Active