5 Days Post Op

Debbie A.
on 8/19/12 11:12 am - Discovery Bay, CA
RNY on 08/15/12
Hi,
Well here I am, emotional, sore, gassy, all the normal stuff. evening of surgery was able to drink 2oz broth and 2oz jell-o, took me a couple of hours. Second day drank 1 1/2 protein shakes and got in about 40oz water. Third day 1st bowel movement which continued on the whole day and night. Fourth day couldn't get a protien shake down until 3pm tried to drink more at around 8pm but wasn't happening. Water has been ok. All the protein shakes, jell-o smell and taste terrible. I've tried soy, lactaid free, mixing with water and I gag. The only thing that sounds good is a scrambled egg. Has any one tried an egg this soon after surgery?

"Nothing is impossible. The word itself says I'M POSSIBLE!!!"

"No one said it was going to be easy, but it will definitely be worth it"

Inky-99
on 8/19/12 11:47 am
I had a scrambled egg at 7 days post op.  Unfortunatly the food tasting bad has been a problem for me.  I am a little over three weeks post op (sleeve) and some things still do not taste good.  I have found that the walmart brand of crystal light tastes pretty good. Especially the grape.  Crushed ice was good at that stage too.  Sorry things seem kinda bad right now, but it does get better. 
Debbie A.
on 8/19/12 12:12 pm - Discovery Bay, CA
RNY on 08/15/12
Thank you!

Huneypie
on 8/19/12 12:25 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
I loved Peached Iced Tea Crysral Light early out.  You can play with how strong you want it, I found stronger to be more filling.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Eggface
on 8/19/12 2:49 pm - Sunny Southern, CA
I wouldn't mess with the egg just yet... eggs are iffy early on and you know advancing your diet too soon and if something gets stuck... you don't want to have to make that call to the Dr that you jumped the gun ;)

How about some Miso broth or Wonton Soup (strained), I will say I remember if I started the day with something warm in the AM the day worked out better for me. I did decaf tea those first few weeks then eased into the shakes, etc.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

healthymama44
on 8/19/12 3:52 pm - MI
 not sure if i ate eggs that early, but i remember eating them before i was supposed to. i whipped up an egg with milk before scrambling, makes them much more light and fluffy. take TINY bites! always felt good.

kse8556
on 8/19/12 7:23 pm - MO
RNY on 04/24/12
Nothing tasted good to me post op either. The flavor of everything gagged me.  I had what I called "swamp mouth".  I couldn't stand the tast of my own mouth.  I kept mouth wash handy, and used Binaca..thanks God that passed after about 1 month.   I also switched to Premier Protien shakes from Sams Club.   Good Luck!

jennyrenny
on 8/19/12 7:52 pm - Canada
DS on 08/11/12
 I defer to eggface here...by virtue of her name.

I am 8 days postop DS. I'm also not feeling much love for the clear fluids and protein shakes I am allowed.

Stick with it. This, too, shall pass.

HW: 365, SW (August 11, 2012): 351

Debbie A.
on 8/19/12 11:08 pm - Discovery Bay, CA
RNY on 08/15/12
Thanks everyone!

Already drinking the crystal light peach ice tea..that was a great idea. I'll try the decaf tea in the am!

Big Hugs,
Debbie

velma001
on 8/20/12 3:49 am - Tustin, CA
Doctors generally recommend add V-8 juice, then cream soups and applesauce after 5-6 day of surgery. At 7 day you can add low fat yogurt and low fat pudding with no fruit and nuts.  From 8-9 day you can go for full liquid diet such as  thinned out oatmeal, cream of wheat, baby foods.

Most Active