Flu and antibiotics

kse8556
on 8/19/12 7:13 pm - MO
RNY on 04/24/12
4 months post RNY. Came down with a bad case of bronchitis, and sever sinus infection.  The Antibiotics caused severe diarrhea ( which was never an issue for me in the past) .and they didnt seem to have any effect on the illness.  Wondering if anyone has has had a similar problem or any info / recommendations.

poet_kelly
on 8/20/12 2:03 am - OH
Ask your doc to prescribe a different antibiotic.  Although, if you have the flu, antibiotics won't help, since the flu is a virus, not a bacterial illness.  Bronchitis, on the other hand, should respond to antibiotics.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

velma001
on 8/20/12 3:22 am - Tustin, CA
As far I know antibiotics are not affective for treating flu as it is viral infection rather that bacterial. Instead, you can ask for antiviral medication for treating the viral infections like the flu. However flu, weakened immune system of body.  The lungs become irritated and inflamed.  Both make is easier for bacteria to invade your body. At such condition Doctor give antibiotic to treat bacterial infection.
Huneypie
on 8/20/12 4:22 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
For future can you get the flu vaccine?  They give them to people in the UK with weakened immune systems or for those prepared to pay.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

kse8556
on 8/21/12 10:15 am - MO
RNY on 04/24/12
I have a different ABX now.  My concern was the malabsorbtion post RNY.  Does it decrease the effectiveness of the ABX?  Both zithromas and amoxicillen have given me severe diarrhea...or maybe that is this ilness runnung it's course.. UGH 
Most Active