Carbonated Drinks Post RNY???

MyLady Heidi
on 9/15/12 11:26 pm
 The weight gain from diet soda has nothing to do with the calories from the soda but supposably what you choose to eat based on the reaction in your brain to sugar free soda.  And honestly the only people I know who drink diet soda are MO.  I know a few *****fuse to drink diet soda and are either normal weight or in the overweight catagory.  You choose.  I hate burping so I haven't drank it in years.
Mary Catherine
on 9/16/12 12:21 am
 My brain does not crave anything because of the soda.  I sip it slowly most of the time and enjoy mostly diet 7-up and diet gingerale, sometimes a diet coke, diet Dr Pepper or Diet Root Beer.  I am at my goal weight and find it easy to stay there.  I feel no guilt about it and enjoy it.  I have been told that it will stretch my pouch, give me ulcers, cause cravings, cause me to gain weight, etc.  It does not cause me any problems.  
MsBatt
on 9/16/12 9:13 am
On September 16, 2012 at 12:21 AM Pacific Time, White Dove wrote:
 My brain does not crave anything because of the soda.  I sip it slowly most of the time and enjoy mostly diet 7-up and diet gingerale, sometimes a diet coke, diet Dr Pepper or Diet Root Beer.  I am at my goal weight and find it easy to stay there.  I feel no guilt about it and enjoy it.  I have been told that it will stretch my pouch, give me ulcers, cause cravings, cause me to gain weight, etc.  It does not cause me any problems.  
Yeah, but you also say that you hae zero interest in food, period. That means you're in the minority of post-ops. You're special. (*grin*)
enibas2
on 9/16/12 5:56 am - Canada
Its been 7 months that i hadn t drink any soda and do not care for it, actually last sunday my daughter and i went to Wendys for some chile for me and i just want to rince my mouth and oh my god that was so sweet and discusting and i used to be a big drinker, so i guess your taste does change so dont worry you will be ok.

Btrue2u
on 9/16/12 5:58 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12
Carbonated drinks leach the calcium out of your bones (even if the you allow it to go flat) and since we have issues with absorption it is probably a good idea to stay away from pop/soda. IMO 

20AUG12-8AM SURGERY AT ST.JOES IN TORONTO  W/ DR SMITH                        

Ruth S.
on 9/16/12 8:19 am - Orlando, FL
Yes, LOTS of drs and ppl say no to soda pop..however will do what they want and will drink it.  I had stopped drinking after surgery but then picked it up again (diet soda). Have done it  "forever"....now I have neurocardiogenic syncope (not related to soda) but I have felt that soda may dry me out (plus sometimes it causes me pain if flat) and I have decided to drink more water and put in snapple singles into (with moderation) to have a variation.  I thought it was going to very hard to really really leave it but for now I've been okay without it.   As with each type of surgery one person will say do this and do that...it really depends on how you feel about it. But the recommendation is - IF you DON'T drink it...stick with it.  It's best that way!!
Ruth S.
huskergalWsD
on 9/16/12 9:29 am
Every time I  drink a carbonated beverage my legs cramp up so bad it puts me to the floor..I  drink one once a year..I could not possibly handle any more..matter of fact i am giving them up completely now. remembering what my surgeons nurse told me, the carbonation depletes the calcium in our bones.She also said it DOES stretch our new little tummy's..

I also remember being confused about the issue of carbonated drinks, I learned its not for me..I cant do that carmping thing anymore. it hurts like a ************ ..Peace\/ Wendy

7stents (2003)...Heart Attack(2004)...Open Heart (2004)....Wls (2007)...Heart attack 2012...1 stent (2012)...Heart Attack (2013)...Heart Attack (2013)...1 stent(2013)
~~~Best Vitamin For Making Friends  B1~~~

Jolly Rancher
on 9/16/12 6:58 pm
Once a year leg cramps from a pop doesn't sound too terribly bad...so, give up that one treat a year.
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
walterswife
on 9/16/12 5:37 pm
 I'm so happy I kicked the diet coke habit, I hope never to drink another one in life. I am certain that my over consumption over the years is one thing that prevented me from being able to lose weight. Plus I have bouts with gas now and have no desire to make it worse. 

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

nikeah01
on 9/16/12 5:39 pm - AL
 Dont do it I tried a sip and omg did it hurt

Most Active