plastic surgery

diva49
on 10/9/12 5:48 pm - MO
Are there any women out there that are 5'7" or 5'8" that had a surgery weight of 280 and are between 150-160 lbs now? Do you have excess skin?  Looks like I'm going to have a tummy tuck when I reach goal. Yuck!!!
Valerie G.
on 10/9/12 9:20 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA
 I'm 5'5:, high weight was 286 and I'm between 150-160 lbs now, and YES, I have excess skin.  The good news is that I can conceal it very well with shaper undergarments.  Maybe one day time and money will come together for me to address it surgically, but for now, my secret is a very successful one.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

mollypitcher08
on 10/10/12 12:59 am
Hi - I'm 5'5" and currently weigh 280#.  My highest weight was 450+#.  Lowest after WLS (RNY) 8/08 was 233#.  I have ALOT of excess skin now!! I wish I could get some surgery done to at least help me with more motivation but most tell me my BMI is still too high.
So I hope you can have your surgery done and wish you the best of luck, too.  Are you anywhere near your goal? It sounds like you may be.  I'd be happy if they'd do a panni on me just so I can ride a bike!! Right now too much belly in the way - sort  of like giant jello! Or a Weebil??? I wobble but haven't fallen down yet!  YOu might also ask on the PS forum.  THey are very good on there, too.  Good luck!
Linda_S
on 10/10/12 1:25 am - Eugene, OR
I was about 260 before surgery and, even though I've never gotten to 150 or 60 (my lowest was 170), I still have a lot of excess skin in my middle.  Save for the tummy tuck if you can.  I wish I could have one, but you know, even without it, I'm happy that I'm smaller than I used to be! 

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

Kim S.
on 10/10/12 1:34 am - Helena, AL
I was 324, now 165ish and am having lower body lift and breast lift in November.  It took me several years to decide that I want to do plastics.....I'm just tired of the excess sweating and gross belly button infections.

With good shapewear though, you'd never know I have all this skin!  Thank goodness for Spanx!

Laura in Texas
on 10/10/12 1:44 am
I'm 5'7". My highest weight was 340 and my current weight is 135. Assume you will have excess skin and save for the tummy tuck. Honestly, I was excited about my lower body lift. It was like the icing on the cake. I look better now than I did in my 20's (and I was thin in my 20's).

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

kse8556
on 10/10/12 11:08 am - MO
RNY on 04/24/12
I am down about 85# and have hanging skin.  I am curous about the cost for tummy tuck and or arm list.  Anyone willing to divulge the cost?

INgirl
on 10/10/12 11:30 am
I was 280, 5' 6.5-7" depending on who's measuring.. I have a lot of leftover skin.. I'm hanging between 136-140 most of the time now.

To look normal naked I'd need the works: arms, thighs, lower body lift and breast lift- prob with implants though I don't want them.. Mine still hang well and point forward, but they are flat and not full at all. The price we all pay for getting as big as we got. I look fine in clothes, so unless I really have excess cash, a lot of time off and no desire to use it for travel (unlikely!) and really want to endure the pain.. I'm passing for the foreseeable future. The arms may get done someday though, just as I like my muscles, but the skin is very unsightly and I like sleeveless.. but even those are $5000+ and recoup time on top of the expense.. the rest of me, I'm waffling about.
Most Active