EXCESS SKIN

KIMMIKAK1119
on 10/15/12 7:05 am
Wondering if anyone has found a program that will remove the excess skin after weightloss for free or for a VERY reduced price.

I can't reach my goal for the excess skin, not to mention I hate the way I look and and can't wear sleeveless, dresses unless below the knee, etc. 

Thanks for any input.
  KIMMIKAK                                                 
brickchick
on 10/15/12 7:13 am
 I don't know of any that do it for free but teaching hospitals with plastic surgery programs usually have good prices.  I went to Dr. S in Mexico for mine and I couldn't be happier.  I got to goal with the skin removal.  My goal was a "normal" BMI.  

Best of luck on your research.

304/270/146/159/145
HW/Surgery/Current/Surgeon's goal/my goal
Plastics with with Dr. Sauceda on 05/03/2012
Brachioplasty/Extended Tummy Tuck with Anchor/BL/Med. Thigh Lift

Love my Body By Sauceda

KIMMIKAK1119
on 10/16/12 4:56 am
may I ask what all you had done and how much it was?
my husband is Leary of going to a different country to have it done but I am ok with it.
I agree....normal bmi and to be the most comfortable weight for me.
congrats to you !
  KIMMIKAK                                                 
pattyjonichols
on 10/16/12 12:43 pm
Hi Brickchick:
I'm just wondering why you chose MEXICO...Are there cities with hospitals who specialize in
body sculpting?

I already have been told that when I reach my goal, I will need serious whole body lift  ugh!
Patty Jo
hrford
on 10/15/12 10:33 am
VSG on 03/19/12
 I plan on using Dr. S. when I can afford it.  My arms aren't terrible but my stomach is pretty bad.  I'm now a size 7 but I think if I could remove that skin I'd probably be a 4.  I'll take it anyday over being 270 lbs again though.

I'm trying to get a second job and the sould purpose of that one is to pay for a trip to Mexico with Dr. S.

HW: 270 SW: 234.4 CW: 135.0 1stGW:149 (GOAL MET)afreshstart-hreneeh.blogspot.com/
1st 5k: 5/12/12 44:55  PR 4miles: 12/31/2012 35:49

KIMMIKAK1119
on 10/16/12 4:58 am
I am a size 6-9 depending on who makes the clothes----crazy!
I can't work outside the home due to my health; issues weight loss does not help.

I will continue researching.
congrats and happy health to you.
  KIMMIKAK                                                 
Valerie G.
on 10/16/12 10:07 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 The excess skin is permanently stretched, damaged, and not good for any kind of transplant.  There are all kinds of rumors out there but I've yet to talk to anyone that really did it.  

What IS real is PS in training.  They have to learn somewhere.  A 3rd year resident will pair up with an experienced surgeon and they work together.  Sometimes, all you pay for is the OR, and the teaching hospital takes up the rest.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active