This damn scale isn't moving!!

nmcmanus66
on 11/1/12 7:52 am, edited 11/1/12 9:27 am - CA

i'm doing the pre op diet; a week and half now. The scale hasn't moved an ounce. What's up with that? I telling you my body is weight loss resistant and i'm getting discouraged that i won't meet the weight loss requirement to get the surgery :(  i haven't had carbs in 10 days. i' following this stupid diet and nothing. ggrrrr.......

NurseBonBon
on 11/1/12 12:26 pm - El Paso, TX

Watch the labels carefully and watch out for hidden sugars in light dressings, milks, chewing gum and yogurt. Keep drinking water! When is your surgery? I know you can do it!

lisamomofboys
on 11/1/12 12:40 pm - OH
Your body is probably just in shock right now and trying to conserve...any day now you are going to see a nice number!
pattyjonichols
on 11/2/12 3:33 am

You must have the same scale and I do.   Nothing moves fast enough.   So I started a pre-start to my pre-diet on Oct 6.  For 3 days NOTHING.   Then 2 lbs, 3, lbs up to 12 pounds.  My surgery is Nov 16 and about a week ago I gained weight.   I was ready to quit.  This is why I never get through a diet.   Frustration.   Following the plan and nothing is happening.  So a wise Doctor told me.

1.  STAY OFF OF THE SCALE and weigh only once a month.

2.  When you do weigh yourself, make sure the scale is set to 0 and make sure it is NOT on a soft surface (ie: carpet)

3.  You body HOLDS onto your intake because it thinks you are going into starvation mode...  SO DRINK, DRINK, DRINK liquids

once I got that right, things started moving again.  (Did I say I HATE water?)  Thank goodness for Crystal Light.

My pre diet before surgery is 55 grams of protein / day @ 5 foot tall.   +  64 ounces of liquid.  That is a lot, but the water is moving out the impurities and my body now knows I'm not going to starve.    I can have a Lean Cusine or Uncle Ben's rice bowl at Dinner with unlimited straight up vegetables.     Did your Dietician give you anything but  ALL Protein shakes????

Just remember you are only doing the pre-diet to help shrink your liver and other organs so the Surgeon can get in there and move about.   Believe the before/after pictures...once you have your pouch/sleeve etc; your body has no option.

It just takes time.

Good luck and keep in touch.

Patty Jo

Michigan

Most Active