Off WLS Topic

Tammy H.
on 12/8/12 8:52 pm - Greenville, OH

I recently moved...I am wanting to decorate my bedroom differently than how I had it before I moved...Before, it was just a little bit of this and that on the walls & an old handmade quilt on the bed...Does anyone have any ideas on how to decorate it?  Perhaps you might have some theme and color suggestions...My son's bedroom is done in the wild life prints, so I would want something different than that...Any suggestions/ideas would be appreciated...Thanks!

P.S. Keep in mind that I rent, and can't change the color of paint on the walls...Right now they are an off white color...The carpet is a light brown.

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only TRUE FRIENDS will leave footprints in your heart...And may that friendship have such a ONENESS that when one weeps the other will taste salt...Friends are like balloons ; once you let them go you can't get them back....So I'm going to tie you to my heart so I never lose you.

Valerie G.
on 12/8/12 10:45 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Find one thing, be it a quilt or a picture/wall hanging that you really LOVE, and design your room around that.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Tammy H.
on 12/9/12 8:14 am - Greenville, OH

Great idea, thanks

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only TRUE FRIENDS will leave footprints in your heart...And may that friendship have such a ONENESS that when one weeps the other will taste salt...Friends are like balloons ; once you let them go you can't get them back....So I'm going to tie you to my heart so I never lose you.

Dagne Tripplehorn
on 12/9/12 1:28 am - OR
RNY on 04/06/12

Romantic Victorian, perhaps? Rich colors; layers of velvet and brocade fabric on tables and bed; ornate pillows, picture frames, and lampshades...

I had a friend who "hung" gorgeous wallpaper (which she'd found second-hand) on her rented walls with dressmaking pins. 

Or work with your handmade quilt and go with a Western or cabin theme. 

Buy an inexpensive throw rug or two and you'll hardly notice the carpeting.

You're going to have fun!

Tammy H.
on 12/9/12 8:15 am - Greenville, OH

Ive always wanted to live in a log cabin back in the mountains...I love the cabin theme idea...thank you very much!!!

Dagne Tripplehorn
on 12/10/12 3:22 am - OR
RNY on 04/06/12

I lived in a log cabin in the woods for several months. It was wonderful in every way. Now that i'm old and set in my ways I would not do well without running water, and chopping and sawing wood as a full-time job--no can do. But it was so very beautiful. The logs were *****ed with mud and moss; the aroma of burning wood was intoxicating; the bird song and wind in the trees and running brook...I do miss it. You'll love your bedroom cabin! The best part is that you can flip a light switch and turn a faucet: instant comfort!

Tammy H.
on 12/10/12 3:54 pm - Greenville, OH

Amen to the light switch and turning a faucet on!!!

I couldn't live without all the modern devices that I am so used to...Unless I was married, then he could do all the chopping, and fetching the water...LOL

Most Active