looking for other protein ideas..sick of chicken & turkey

robin1103
on 12/31/12 12:26 am - MD
RNY on 11/13/12

I've been on the same foods now for a month and sick of eating the same thing day in and day out..

Other than the norm, meat and yogurt-- I'm looking for ideas to change up my proteins.. any help is appreciated!

SW 238 CW 189 GW 135

JJ_
on 12/31/12 12:35 am

meatballs with pasta sauce and cheese

shrimp and ****tail sauce

tuna with mayo

MrsClaus09
on 12/31/12 1:29 am

Beans!  Love me some refried beans with cheese!

My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
MrsLitch
on 12/31/12 1:35 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

I loved ground beef with pasta sauce and melted cheese at that stage it sat so well.

My doc has a meat cheese and egg only diet at your point so I tried just about every meat out there, some sat better than others. I liked garlic steak, pork didn't sit at all and better grades of steak like filet mignon I still can't eat.

I also loved pizza toppings, either off a pizza I ordered my family or I just melted the ingredients on their own and at them.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Mary Catherine
on 12/31/12 2:13 am

Ricotta cheese with spaghetti sause on top warmed in the microwave.  Tastes like lasagna.

poet_kelly
on 12/31/12 3:29 am - OH

Cottage cheese, sliced cheeses, beans of all sorts, tofu, veggie burgers.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

AnniesSS
on 12/31/12 4:31 am
RNY on 09/11/12

Chicken salad, tuna, shrimp scallops, fish, fruit flavored protein shakes, black beans

Annie  HW 289   SW 257   GW 150

shrinkingit
on 12/31/12 11:00 am
RNY on 11/13/12
I like to use ricotta cheese, a little lean ground beef or sausage, pasta sauce and a little sprinkle of cheese. Surprisingly good.

I also like turkey burgers but have a hard time if they are cooked even a touch too long. I also made a turkey meatloaf with low fat cheese.

Cathy H

aka Shrinkingit- slowly but surelyheart

slrm2m2
on 12/31/12 11:33 pm - Canada

Protein choices that I enjoy other than chicken and turkey.....

cottage cheese with cinnamon and splenda

greek yogurt

pepperettes

babybel light cheese

cheese strings

sugar free, 0% fat fruit yogurts

high protein pudding (you can make it by adding some protein powder to sugar free pudding)

baked ricotta, eggface has a great recipe

Edamame, lentils, kidney beans, chickpeas

tofu, either extra firm or there are tons of silken tofu recipes online for shakes, puddings, sugar free desserts

eggface and bariatric foodie protein baked goods...mini muffins, cakes, donuts and never discount eggface's protein ice creams...very yummy if you have a good tasting protein powder

almond butter, peanut butter...can also be mixed with some good tasting protein powder to raise its protein level and spread on apples, crackers, low carb wraps

store bought protein bars or homemade protein bars

Turkey pepperoni baked until crisp (like "chips") and dipped in high protein dip (mix of greek yogurt, cottage cheese and spices)

cheese "chips"...recipe can be found easily online, a nice, crispy treat

Sandy  Surgery Jan.18,2012 with Dr. Timothy Jackson at TWH.

nicoleista
on 1/6/13 5:44 am - MI
VSG on 03/05/12
Great suggestions! Can you come cook for me!? Hehee

Most Active