XP - 8 year anniversary

cajungirl
on 2/20/13 10:48 pm

It's been 8 years already. Seems like yesterday, I can still remember so much of preparing and going through all the process of having surgery, losing weight and finally feeling healthy and having so much energy. Lots has happened in these 8 years, many happy moments, some sad and some necessary. WLS gave me confidence to make changes in my life for the better. I've never regretted one moment of making the decision to have WLS.....it's truly been an amazing journey.

To all of you beginning the process I'll say go for it. There will be struggles along the way but focus on YOU and I promise you'll get by those moments and be a better person on the other end.

Here are pictures to let you see it works and you can maintain with diligent work and determination.

260 lbs

121 lbs

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Turtle Lynn
on 2/20/13 11:20 pm - New Castle, DE
RNY on 05/29/12 with

Absolutely gorgeous!  Congratulations on your success!!!!

You don't even look like the same person; in your lower weight picture, I think you actually look a lot younger than in your preop picture!!!! 

HW 287, GW 150,  CW 168   ** Band to RNY 05/29/12 **

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? Join us-Lightweights Board

Kitty C
on 2/20/13 11:29 pm

Super Congrats!!!  You look FANTASTIC!!!

Member Services
on 2/21/13 12:08 am - Irvine, CA

You look amazing and thank you for sharing your success

Valerie G.
on 2/21/13 12:20 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I just love your before/after comparison!

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

martitalinda
on 2/21/13 3:07 am

WOW! Eight years already ... time does fly!!! You look absolutely fabulous!!!! Congrats ... AWESOME eight years ... "maintenance with diligence and determination"... AWESOME WORDS!!! CONGRATS!!!! continue to be an inspiration.  Red IS your color too ... rock it!!!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Miss Liss
on 2/21/13 4:20 am

You look marvelous, my sweet friend.  Let me just say you rocked your Mardi Gras gowns too, girl!!  Have you found something to take up time since Mardi Gras is now over?  

liftafter50
on 2/27/13 9:21 am

You give us all hope we can do this...

HW 267 SW 260 CW 245 GW 165 Surgery date Sept 24, 2012          

MyLady Heidi
on 2/27/13 10:19 am

Congrats you look great.  My 8 year anniversary is around the corner also.  I wish I could forget I had wls, but my body won't let me.

Most Active