Simply anxious

rose1000
on 3/17/13 5:51 am

This may sound like a very dumb question, but how do you keep yourself relaxed and calm if you're nervous about the surgery?  I'm a bit scared about the surgery, but more anxious about how my life is going to change after surgery.  I am 57 years old, single and have a good support system.  I am having the gastric sleeve surgery at the end of May.  Any recommendations as to what I should focus on? 

Sarah W.
on 3/17/13 6:08 am - Bel Air, MD
VSG on 05/28/13
Rose,

No question is a dumb question!! I'm in the same boat as you, and i understand your fears exponentially!! I'm focusing on change, and how life will be dramatically better!! Think of all the exciting new things you will have, do, and experience.
horrible_monster
on 3/17/13 3:19 pm
VSG on 02/27/13

It helped me a lot to do things to prepare for the recovery: stockpiling the vitamins and supplements I'd need, getting a few protein powders (not too many as one's tastes can change after surgery and you don't want to waste money), making sure the house is set up properly, etc. Once you're home you'll likely be taking it one day at a time as you heal and then learn how to live with your new tool. You'll be too busy to be too anxious, probably. ;)

I have a basement but don't dwell in it full time.

Most Active