weepy and emotional

Srg2
on 3/27/13 3:39 am - CA

I am 12 days post op and an dealing with the emotional roller coaster that I have heard would be coming.  How long does it usually last?  My MD upped my antidepressant yesterday to help.  I was walking 7 days per week but the last 3 days I dont have the energy to do much at all except be overly emotional.

~Ema

Revision - Lapband to RNY 3/15/2013 = Highest weight: 244 lbs, Surgery weight: 230 lbs, Goal Weight: 130         

Lkeith
on 3/27/13 5:13 am

Ask ur doc about b12. I had to start it cause I was so tired all the time. It does help but it takes a couple of days. The emotional stuff will get better. Your body is going thru a lot...hang in there it does get better. 

tipoftheiceberg
on 3/27/13 6:01 am

So sorry that you are on an "emotional roller coaster".  It is good that you are aware that things are not emotionally "great" for you right now.  Being aware about the correlation between exercise and emotional wellbeing is fantastic.  That being said, try to give yourself a break and not beat yourself up for not going for a walk.  Do what you can.  Maybe in a day or two .....just go outside for a few minutes to get the afternoon sun.  This may help boost your spirits.  Perhaps park at the end of your driveway instead of in your garage to get a few extra steps in.  Or even walk around your car while at the gas station....Do what you can.  Try to engage in activities that you enjoy doing.   Whatever you do stay mindful and proactive.  Keep reaching out to family, friends, and even here at ObesityHelp.  Keep on top of your mental health..  If you do not feel better soon or feel worse... call you doctor or go to a emergency room.   You are worth it.  Pease keep me updated.....

Srg2
on 3/27/13 6:12 am - CA

don't get me wrong.  I am not suicidal or anything like that.  I just don't have any energy and it is affecting my mood and I get a little weepy over nothing.  I know many people go through this after WLS...I was just wondering about how long it takes to get energy back.  I am going to try to make myself go for a walk tonight and I started B12 to see if that would help. Thanks for your reply!

~Ema

Revision - Lapband to RNY 3/15/2013 = Highest weight: 244 lbs, Surgery weight: 230 lbs, Goal Weight: 130         

hollykim
on 3/27/13 7:09 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

the time elements varies from person to person. not having any energy after a major surgery is perfectly normal and nothing to be concerned about.

Your body is putting all of its energy toward healing you on the inside. keeping you moving at your usuakl busy pace is way down the list of important things your body has to do right now. it can either heal you or keep you moving as normal.  if you can try to rest and relax and let you body get on with it's job you will heal faster and get your energy back quicker.  We are often our bodies own worst enemy in more ways that one.

Hang in there it gets better.

Claire G.
on 3/27/13 9:28 am - FL

So sorry to hear you are feeling so bad!  I did not have the emotional issue (at least that I can remember) but I wanted to send good thoughts your way.  Hope you are feeling better soon... if you can't walk the distance you did before, maybe just shorter walks until you are feeling better?  Exercise always makes me feel better and I am always glad after I drag my butt to the gym!

Claire

Srg2
on 3/27/13 9:30 am - CA

thank you.  I did make myself go for a walk and it did help :)

~Ema

JL2013
on 3/27/13 4:45 pm

I am 14 days post op and have been on that same emotional roller coaster.  Happy one minute and crying the next.  I'm glad I was warned about this or I would l think that I was going crazy!

horrible_monster
on 3/27/13 4:46 pm
VSG on 02/27/13

Less so at one month out but it still comes and goes. I get weepy at the weirdest things. You are not alone. Don't be afraid to ask for help/support/just a friendly ear from the people who love you. (...or from OH peoples.) You're never in this totally alone. ::hugs::

I have a basement but don't dwell in it full time.

Most Active