Cronic Constipation

Patti N
on 5/10/13 11:23 am - AA county, MD

Does anyone else have this problem?   Most ppl I talk to have the opposite problem. I have talked to my dr and yes I do drink plenty.  I eat lots of veggies and fruit.  I don't like having to relay on pills!  Anyone been there?  Conquered it?

~Patti~

Supergirl7877
on 5/10/13 1:24 pm
I have this issue too. I didn't have wls but maybe this will fit in your plan.

I drink water with chia seeds in the morning and often eat flax seeds. I also like figs and they are full of fiber. I find that I am more regular with higher intensity workouts.

What a frustrating battle to have to fight!!!
MsBatt
on 5/11/13 5:09 am

How much fat do you eat? Increasing it might help.

AnniesSS
on 5/11/13 6:02 am
RNY on 09/11/12

I battle with it. My NUT found that the calcium intake was causing it for me mostly, so he took me off of it and the vitamins I was taking and had me go back to what I was taking before surgery. It helped a lot, but I still battle it now and then.  I take stool softeners 2x a day to keep regular and when I go off of them, I get backed up and have to "help it" along with MoM. :(

Annie  HW 289   SW 257   GW 150

southernlady5464
on 5/11/13 7:38 am

How much fat do you eat? I get severely constipated (brick butt) if my fat slips even one day. I need a MINIMUM of 120 grams of fat a day to function remotely normally.

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

JJ_
on 5/11/13 3:33 pm

I eat a serving of prunes each evening.  Otherwise my stool is too hard to pass comfortably.  It works for me.

Judy

Blondie76
on 5/11/13 11:57 pm - AL
I have that same problem. I agree with the others that enough fat (I'm a coconut oil advocate) in your diet is key. I also take magnesium, most people are deficient and when it goes low for me I can definitely tell.
If you drink coffee, google bulletproof coffee. I drink a modified one most mornings and it really helps. I make mine with a small amount (tsp) of coconut oil, couple tbsp coconut milk, and stevia. Yum!
Patti N
on 5/14/13 4:24 am - AA county, MD

Yes I am quite guilty of not eating enough fat!  I will try the flax seed.   Thanks everyone!  I had surgery in 2004 and have had a problem ever since!  Everyone else I know has the opposite!

~Patti~

Most Active