Finally a surgery date

aliceindietland
on 5/24/13 5:35 am
RNY on 06/11/13

I just got my date as well!  (June 11.)  I've found that I really need to just stay away from anything but positive stories right now.  I've already made the decision, and making myself crazy with every little thing that could go wrong will NOT help.  It's like having an anxiety attack every time you fly because the plane might crash.  It probably won't.  But you have to get where you're going anyway. :)

"The first thing I've got to do," said Alice to herself, as she wandered about in the wood, "is to grow to my right size again..." -- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: http://therightsize.wordpress.com   Twitter: @therightsize  HW: 365  SW: 346 CW: 254

MsBatt
on 5/24/13 5:50 am

That's because good results aren't much of a story. After all, who posts or makes a video to say "I had WLS and nothing bad happened"? But yes, you'll find that a lot of post-ops do lots of things you've been told never to do again. And guess what? Sometimes the rules really don't matter that much. Some folks do just fine drinking with meals, drinking soda, eating carbs. Others not so much.

southbay311
on 5/25/13 12:54 am - NV
RNY on 02/22/12

I am 15 months post op from RNY and I did go back to diet soda at about 9 months post op.  I will say that I was a Diet Dr Pepper fanatic but since surgery i dont enjoy it or my Dr Sunkist Orange.  I can however drink Walmarts Diet Dr Thunder.  I still drink water and have great reduced the intake of soda.

Good luck to you.

H/W 326   S/W 287                                                                                     GW 145                                                      
Laura65
on 5/25/13 5:54 am - CA
Congratulations on your date. I just received my date as well and its June 19. Wishing you a smooth surgery and recovery.
TK1117
on 5/26/13 6:32 am - Suwanee, GA
VSG on 06/14/13

CONGRATS on your surgery date. I received my date last week ... June 14th. Good luck and wishing you a speedy recovery! :)

Sleeved: 6/14/13 | Start Weight: 220 | Surgery Weight: 209 | 9 Months Post Op: 143 | Goal: 140    

Miss Cocoa
on 5/26/13 12:17 pm

I, too, just got my surgery date. I will have RNY on June 10. I haven't had alcohol, pop, or sugary drinks for about 4 months (per nutritionist) and feel fine. I find it very difficult to get all of the water in without adding some flavoring to it. I absolutely detest peach, strawberry, or mixed flavored anything, so finding just grape, orange, or lemonade can sometimes be challenging. I love the new Dasani liquid flavorings and the Crystal Light liquid flavorings.

Good luck with your surgery! angry

Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile.

sperry18
on 5/28/13 2:10 pm - chicago, IL

Thanks everyone for all your motivation,suggestions and support. I really appreciate. Congrats to everyone *****ceived their date as  well. I will keep everyone posted and thanks for the diet suggestion. I will be working on that as well.

Most Active