10 year weight loss surgery

bransonboy
on 10/1/13 10:51 pm - Branson, mo

this is my 10 year anniversary of my weight loss surgery roux en y.  I have not had any problems and am doing fine. Having surgery was the best decision of my life. I want to tell all the fat people I see to have wls but you cant do that but I feel so bad for them.  If you are not sure about having surgery or having problems stick with it it is so worth it in the long run

Amy, Daredevil
Extraordinaire

on 10/1/13 11:53 pm - Los Angeles, CA
DS on 08/06/13

Congrats on your success!!

Funny, I feel the same way -- I wish I could let everyone in on our "secret". But I'm not sure how I would have felt a year ago if a stranger came up to me to talk about WLS. 

*DS with Dr. Ara Keshishian on 08/06/13* SW: 231 CW: 131 GW: 119 * Check out My YouTube Channel: AmysDSJourney *

dirks34
on 10/2/13 12:21 am
RNY on 10/31/12

Thanks for the post....its nice to hear others are doing well after 10 years. I am almost done my first year and doing\feeling great.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; a optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty"- Winston Churchill

MsBatt
on 10/2/13 12:53 am

Yeah, I know what you mean. Sometimes the urge is almost overwhelming. Sometimes I causally work it into the conversation with something like "Before I had WLS, I..."

Patm
on 10/2/13 1:09 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Thank you for posting. I need to hear success stories from people who have done so well for so long.

Wanting to tell all obese people about the surgery reminds me of reformed smokers wanting to get everyone to quit. LOL

Member Services
on 10/2/13 3:20 am - Irvine, CA

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

SharonG
on 10/2/13 8:23 am - Arlington, VA

Happy surgiversary!  

Dawnyel B.
on 10/2/13 4:00 pm - Whittier, CA

Happy Surgiversary!!!! I'm 6 years out of the Sleeve =)

illinois Gama D.
on 10/4/13 10:17 am

congrats!! I am also 10 years post, RNY, it is wonderful:)

Rny 2003

come join the new R&R 3.0, where the fun is:)

Most Active