Getting anxious and need words of Wisdom for my vertical Sleeve surgery January 8th

Motherearth
on 1/4/14 11:09 am

Hello,

My name is Sharon and i am getting a sleeve surgery on the 8th of next week. I'm becoming more anxious as the time gets closer to my surgery. I was wanting to hear from folks that have had this procedure and what to expect as far as  my stay in the hospital. What were some of your experiences?

I am assuming they will show me how to crush my meds and get those in, as well as getting my 2-3 tablespoons of fluids in per hour. So I have read.

What were some of your transitions into this new lifestyle?

Thanks, Sharon AKA Motherearth

Member Services
on 1/4/14 11:44 am - Irvine, CA

Hi Sharon,

It's normal to be so anxious, we have all been there done that.  It will be ok...   We are excited for you!! Congratulations.  Here are some links to information you may find helpful:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/photographing-your-weigh t-loss-surgery-journey/

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/weight-loss-surgery-hosp tial-stay-what-to-pack/

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/four-on-the-floor-self-c are-after-weight-loss-surgery/

You may want to post this on the Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy Forum (VSG)

We can't wait to hear from you post-op!

Regards,

Member Services

Motherearth
on 1/4/14 11:55 am

Oh thank you so much for the information. Yes, just posted at the VSG site, thank you.

I will keep you updated as time goes by;

Sincerely, Sharon

Newlori44
on 1/5/14 8:16 am
VSG on 12/23/13 with

I just had my surgery 2 weeks ago. It took me years to make this kind of commitment to myself. Don't be scared. I had 1 night in the hospital but really didn't need that. Lol all my meds have been liquid so easy to take. I will return to work tomorrow. The hardest thing for me is knowing what to eat & when. Follow your doctors instructions on liquids especially. The full liquid is important so you don't rupture your staple line. I'm happier then I've ever been about my decision. 15 pounds gone already!!!!! Yay

take care & let us know

Lori

amandabefore
on 1/5/14 10:53 am - CO
Hi my name is Amanda I had surgery 2 years ago. You will do great, don't even stress I was walking an hour after mine was finished and had no need for pain meds. I have lost a little over 100 pounds and any one can do the same thing just start by not stressing your self out.. you will be fine
shiftling
on 1/8/14 12:27 am - Kelowna BC, Canada

Sharon my experience was relaxing nad not painful at all. You'll be -fine- and walking again before you know it. Have a good time! ;D

Anne-Marie (Amry)
  Tangental pixie of chiming in and support through the usage of cuteness overload.

S L E E V E D!  

Motherearth
on 1/11/14 4:19 am

Thank you, I am 3 days post op and am feeling better each day. I did deal with pain issues afterwards but they were able to get it under control. Am home and up and around, getting all my fluids in, meds and vitamins as well. Thank you for your encouragment/

Sherri

Most Active