Are you daydreaming about what you'll look like at goal??

(deactivated member)
on 1/30/14 1:31 pm

Relax- just having some fun. Of course- it's not lost on me I'm not gonna be a hardbody supermodel:) Trying not to keep it in serious mode all the time.  

sanjali23
on 1/31/14 9:20 am - Orlando, FL
VSG on 02/12/14

See what I mean rdy2bthin1...Blasphemy...No worries I'll daydrea, right along with you :-)

Success is getting what you want, happiness is wanting what you get. ”

— Dave Gardner

(deactivated member)
on 1/31/14 9:51 am

Too funny sanjali! You called it! Its ok- I will PM you next time I want to share   something that requires a sense of humor:)

TXKashmir
on 1/31/14 12:51 am - Grand Prairie, TX

Lora, I love your reply, and think it's spot on. I know the OP was intending for this to be a light-hearted look at how we see ourselves at different weights. I'm not gonna lie - like so many others, I thought I was going to look so much better after I lost weight.

The sad truth is, I look exactly the same, just smaller. I have come to realize that it is not just about weight - if you are a beautiful person, you will be beautiful at any weight - conversely, if you are a plain person (like me), you will be plain at any weight. And as for wearing cute, revealing clothing? Forget it!

I cover up now even more than before because of all the loose skin. I HATE how all the cute tops I would love to wear have these short, cap sleeves or no sleeves at all.Now, having said all that - would I do it again?

IN A HEARTBEAT! The goal of this surgery should not be about looks, and even health reasons can be questionable since we often trade one set of issues for another. The bottom line is QUALITY OF LIFE - and that has definitely improved for me beyond measure.

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...

71dart
on 1/30/14 6:10 pm
VSG on 08/06/12 with

Early on I had actual nighttime dreams about walking around, wearing clothes and having sex etc. as a thinner person. As I lost weight those dreams became nightmares about regaining and being fat again. Those went away as my brain is beginning to accept a new reality. 

I've said it before: this journey is one helluva ride. 

Tom

Ozziestrali
on 1/30/14 7:09 pm - Australia

Thank you for the link, I think it's great. Ive been obese for the better part  of 30 years since childhood, so I have no idea what a certain weight looks like so for me it was extremely fasinating to see what size I could be at a certain weight, and I was realistic about it as well, never will be a super model, but won't look like I ate three of them either. A lot of fun, thanks again

southernlady5464
on 1/30/14 9:44 pm

What I envisioned did not match THE reality! I lost all over EXCEPT my stomach! (I am a normal BMI now but still resemble a fat apple) and the face staring back at me now is my Mother. Way thinner than I ever figured. I look gaunt in the face. And the wrinkles stand out!

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

BadaBing
on 1/30/14 9:55 pm - NJ

I daydream constantly too! It's very exciting but I have to say I'm worried about the extra skin and how unatractive it might look. Uuuugh. My friends keep telling me to focus on the big picture and not think about that right now but I can't help it! But all in all I'm ready and so looking forward to wearing nice dresses and nice fitting jeans and finally fitting my calves in a nice pair of thigh high boots! Just want to start living again!!!

(deactivated member)
on 1/30/14 10:37 pm

I struggle with that too - but the thing is we will be much healthier - excess skin and all!!  Besides I look at it as I'm in clothes way more often than I'm naked so I'm ok with that.  Listen to your friends!

BadaBing
on 1/30/14 11:15 pm - NJ

You're right! I'm trying! My surgery is scheduled for April 24th and I can't wait! Good luck to you!

~Gabby~

Most Active