Are you daydreaming about what you'll look like at goal??

Tracy D.
on 1/31/14 1:00 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

You know - for me personally - I did not daydream about what I would look like because there's no way I could have dreamed that big :-)  Seriously.  I had been morbidly obese for half of my life and it wasn't realistic to think that in my 50's I would look anything like I did when I was a teenager or in my early 20's.  So I couldn't even imagine!  I truly did go into this surgery for health reasons.  My weight and diabetes prevented me from getting insurance, I was in pain, and I didn't want to die without seeing my grandchildren grow up.  

Never in a MILLION years did I think I would get into the 130 lb. range or wear a size 6-8 jeans.   I'm still not completely happy with the way I look but that has to do with old, saggy skin.  And I'm working on that.  

That link you posted is fantastic and has been helpful to me in the past.   Thanks for your post!  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

(deactivated member)
on 1/31/14 1:10 am

Thank YOU for not taking it so seriously:)  I am so inspired by your story and I love to read your posts.  I think you have great advice and great delivery!  I cannot even begin to imagine what this new normal must feel like for you - and I'm so excited to experience it myself! 

MyLady Heidi
on 1/31/14 5:44 am

Somewhere I got screwed, I went and typed it my height, weight and age and I saw these hot chicks.  Do we get to trade bodies?  Is that how that site works, cuz I wore this thing out and I wanna trade UP!

(deactivated member)
on 1/31/14 10:01 am

You always make me laugh-love the wittiness. And I have seen your pictures you are a little bombshell so this is crazy talk!

Sherrie P.
on 1/31/14 10:29 am
RNY on 02/06/13

I agree -- I followed the link and those gals look way better than I do.  Must be all the shrinkles I have accumulated since surgery.

I had no idea what I would look like because I have never been normal.  It's pretty spectacular.  Trying to fall in love with the saggy me. I am cool with the me in clothes, hiding the skin -- just working on the rest.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

sallyj
on 2/3/14 11:26 pm - Spokane, WA

I suspect we all have daydreams and nightmares about what the future holds in terms of weight, health, and appearance.  For those who are younger and less obese to begin with, their visions may be more achievable.  (As long as they aren't using magazine models as their example--no one looks like that, not even the models.) 

But for those of us who are older or were heavier, our visions of a "normal" looking body may need to be fact checked.  Even plastic surgery cannot make everything look the way some dream.  I lost 240 lbs. after my surgery in 2005 and had a breast reduction, upper arms, and tummy tuck.  I am incredibly happy with the results, but I still don't look like someone who never was obese.  If you look at plastic surgery before and after pictures (not just the ads), you'll see that 'success' isn't the same as perfect.

Yes, I am still a tad vain--want to look good--as well as stay healthy, but I am also all about balance and being realistic.  Some dreams are just dreams and some dreams can be true goals.  Managing disappointment means managing the dreams.

Fun link though.

Most Active