Beneprotrein

ReginaPhelange
on 2/15/14 1:09 am
RNY on 02/24/14

My nut says this is what I must get for post op.  I have not seen any mention of it in WLS blogs or OH

I have looked locally and can't find it.  I need some input before I order a case. 

Surgery is in 9 days need to get this figured out quick! 

Snow Daisy
on 2/15/14 1:26 am - nnn, OK

I think you can get it on Amazon.

There are many types of loser.  

Me, I'm the type of loser with a winning streak.

Qajohn
on 2/15/14 2:03 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

That is what mine recomends as well. The website said that Walgreens carries it, but I cant find it anywhere. I'm going to turn to Amazon myself. 

jaifra78
on 2/15/14 3:52 am, edited 2/15/14 4:01 am
RNY on 04/16/14

here is the website info it is extremely expensive and there is not that much protein in it per serving i don't know why they want you to have this kind

http://www.nestlehealthscience.us/products/beneprotein%C2%AE 

edit: this website has it, 6 cans for the price of one can at every other place http://www.drugstore.com/beneprotein-resource-beneprotein-po wder-cans/qxp204696?tab=1#TblTabStrip 

poet_kelly
on 2/15/14 4:45 am - OH

With only six grams of protein per serving, I'd choose another unflavored protein powder, if that's what you want.  Unjury unflavored protein powder has 20 grams per serving.  I think that's a much better choice.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Qajohn
on 2/15/14 7:30 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

The serving size us really small (like .25 oz). I don't know how that compares to other protien products. I was told this product dissolves well and is easily and tasteless sly incorporated into other foods. I just bought some. We'll see how it works. 

Linda_S
on 2/15/14 5:51 am - Eugene, OR

Wow - after all the problems and horror stories over Nestle's infant formulas, I'm surprised a reputable health professional would recommend protein made by them.  I agree with the others, I'd get my protein elsewhere.

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

Heather D.
on 2/15/14 6:01 am

Thank you!!!! There's been a Nestle ban amongst lactation consultants and the general OB medical/nursing crowd since the 70's for the way Nestle treats others!! 

MsBatt
on 2/15/14 6:58 am

I advise you against ordering a case of ANYTHING. So often our tastes change dramatically after surgery, and something you absolutely love now may make you hurl afterwards---and vice versa. I'd get samples of as many things as I could, and once you're post-op and find out what you can tolerate, then lay in a larger supply.

TurnThePage
on 2/15/14 8:03 am

It seems very odd that a nut would specify only one type of protein and a low quality one at that.  I wonder if she gets a kick back?

Most Active