DIY a penny and calorie saver....

martitalinda
on 2/23/14 7:08 am

Yup DIY (do-it-yourself) is an AWESOME tool ... a penny saver and a calorie saver ... whether it is a major home improvement DIY project or a fun filled DIY grooming project ... after all busy hands stay out the pot no??? well mine do teeeeeeeeeee heeeeeee... plus I just LOVE LOVE LOVE anything DIY .... not only do I love making things but I also love saving pennies along the way.  Today was a totally DIY day as I spent a leisure day at home resting up after a busy week at work... at the shop and life in general ... I do need more hours in the day ... My DIY is ongoing ... last week I finished my tiny dress that I plan to wear on a weekend trip back home to visit my sister ... where it is cold here it is scorching in Panama...

From my DIY hairpieces and extensions to my DIY dress I made last week I am working my fingers to the quick as I am saving to upgrade my Brother Project Runway sewing machine to an awesome newer model cause a sista has to sew ya know????...

Today was another DIY day ... I filled, painted, UV gelled my own nails ... as I have been doing all along ... saving pennies along the way ... I figure if I can paint on canvas I can paint my own darn nails TEEEEEEE HEEEEEEEEE.... with my artist acrylic paint that I paint on canvas with at that ... and with awesome coat of gel sparkle and clear drying gel... and I am good to go ...

I love the weirdness too... this is the end product...my DYI nails ... I had them in ultramarine blue last week.... totally goofy ... like me...

This is my week in pictures...

I spent awesome time with my toy poodles ... my Pierretta will be having a litter 2 weeks from now... I can't wait...

and while I type my goofy snippets in my empowerment journal lil' Chip my all chocolate toy poodle keeps me company...

This is a totally goofy snippet ... DIY does keep the mind busy... creates fun and even complex things/projects ... and keeps cravings at bay ... at least for me ... 7 years post RNY and maintaining.... I track it all in my digital empowerment journal "A PICTURE A DAY KEEPS THE POUNDS AND INCHES AWAY"...

BEFORE AND TODAY.....

Thanks for allowing me to share SNIPPETS of my journey....

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Hislady
on 2/23/14 1:22 pm - Vancouver, WA

Hooray Pierretta finally "took"! Can't wait to see the pups!

martitalinda
on 2/24/14 2:05 am

YUP HOOORAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!! and I can't wait ... I will be ordering up a storm of newborn pups sweaters and blankies from the best knitter too and you and I know just who ... I can' t wait.... I have an entire kit at my disposal and have set time aside and am on call for the occassion .... I hope she has a perfect delivery and knows what to do ... we already got instructions of how to rupture the sacs in case her little tongue is not strong enough to break it ... 

SkinnyScientist
on 2/24/14 1:57 am

Luv purple dress. The velvet skirt is on hold for end of quarter and DIY my fiancees clogged sinks and jammed garbage disposal!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

martitalinda
on 2/24/14 2:02 am

Thanks!!! looking forward to seeing the velvet skirt ... you have a big project with the DIY sinks ... be careful with unclogging that jammed garbage disposal though ... I had a close call doing that once YIKES!!! ... have fun on your DIY endeavors... DIY is a penny saver that is for sure ... that is if I don't count the whoppers with several hit and miss projects I have embarked on in between LOL...

Most Active