This liquid diet is...

Mona Mee
on 3/6/14 3:12 am - Largo, MD
RNY on 07/17/14

HARD. But I'm doing it. This is only day 2Do any of you have any tips on headaches, head hunger, etc. I know it's early in this diet, but I need help y'all. 

12 more days until the rest of my life will change.

Come on 3/19!!!! VSG is on the way!!!

RNY 7/17/2014!! Decided to stop kidding myself about what I'm really doing with my life. Excited for getting back to me!!   

stephanie R.
on 3/6/14 4:39 am - phoenix, AZ
DS on 01/24/12

Drink LOTS LOTS of water.. you can even make Jello water :) the more water you drink in between the shakes the less hungry you will fell.. good luck

michael "I didn't do
it!" w

on 3/6/14 5:35 am - Festus, MO
VSG on 12/18/13

never be without a cup in your hand. Keep something to drink at all times.  keep it next to your bed at night.  The headaches will pass, especially if you are de-toxing from caffeine (I wanted to die :) ) but you'll have to ride them out.  Your body is revolting against this new behavior, but it'll get with the program.  Keep busy- don't let yourself fall into boredom that will make you hungry.

Most importantly, never, ever trust a fart. 

HW: 495  Consult: 390  SW: 361 CW: 289

April is Autism Awareness Month!

Tina G.
on 3/6/14 6:01 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 04/14/14

OMG this has to be the funniest reply I have read on here..way to go for putting that out there!!!. I am from Canada and will be having a Roux en y on April 9th 2014. I start my Opti on the 26th. I will be keeping that gas comment close to mind...it scares the poop out of me thinking about it...LOL. Where re you from?

michael "I didn't do
it!" w

on 3/6/14 7:29 am - Festus, MO
VSG on 12/18/13

oh yes, keep watching, you'll see it repeated often!  The truth is it's only part a joke.  When you hit liquids, everything gets more urgent and there is no more gas- at least only gas.  Your body reacts pretty severely to a liquid diet, and in short order there are no more solids coming out. when you detox off of carbs and caffeine and sugar and everything else things get dicey.  I considered it my entrance fee.  If I couldn't get past 2 weeks of clear liquids, I was never going to make it after the surgery. 

I'm from Missouri - we're kind of known for being a bit blunt.  The liquid diet is no joke man.  I did medifast first, then broke away for a few months and decided to do the surgery finally.  I was mortified on two occasions during that diet, both for this reason.  Nothing catastrophic thank goodness :)

Good luck on your upcoming surgery! 

Mona Mee
on 3/6/14 7:31 am - Largo, MD
RNY on 07/17/14

@michaelw. ..you didn't have to tell me twice! Lol!! I almost did one time, and thank God I trusted myself and ran to the bathroom. Thanks for your response seriously. I will always have my water bottle for real!

RNY 7/17/2014!! Decided to stop kidding myself about what I'm really doing with my life. Excited for getting back to me!!   

Gwen M.
on 3/6/14 5:53 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I started my liquid diet on Monday and, as the forums taught me, the first three days were indeed pretty rough.  Today is the first day I'm really feeling more human.  I think it's just detoxing/withdrawing from carbs and my body adjusting to the reduction in calories and the high protein.  

So hang in there!  It should get easier!  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Mona Mee
on 3/6/14 7:33 am - Largo, MD
RNY on 07/17/14

Thank you so much GwenMo!  I'm hanging in there!!! 

(deactivated member)
on 3/6/14 7:27 am

I am on day 6 of the liquid diet...  Trust me, it gets better.  The headache will go away once all of the sugars are out of your body but make sure to stay hydrated with water.  The most difficult part I'm experiencing now is the craving to taste good food.  Good luck!

michael "I didn't do
it!" w

on 3/6/14 7:38 am - Festus, MO
VSG on 12/18/13

yep, I finally got down to chicken stock with hot sauce in it for dinner because I needed flavor so bad. 

Most Active