Suggested restarts?!

missrocky
on 3/20/14 11:14 pm - Sherman Oaks, CA
RNY on 02/25/08 with

Hi Kids! I'm 6 years out but I am struggling! My surgeon actually told me that he thought I would gain up- and I did....and I', not happy about it. Can someone suggest a restart? Did this happen to you and what did you do to break through? I actually gained up 50 lbs about 2 years ago and have stayed at this weight so at least I didn't gain any MORE (I'm trying to think positive)! Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks- Rocky- RNY

Check out my hiking/exercise blog

www.fatadventures.wordpress.com

Kim S.
on 3/20/14 11:54 pm - Helena, AL

Yes, very simple.  DO IT.  You know what to do-eat less, move more.  You took the first step by accepting you need to do something.  So start.  Right now. We are here for you.

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 3/20/14 11:55 pm
VSG on 12/06/12

I did not have RNY but I would think back to basics. You lost before correct? How did you do it? Eliminate those simple carbs and work on getting in more dense protein. That too me is what I would think can work the tool you have. Also you need your water and get moving in the exercise department. The world according to eggface has tons of recipe ideas also you can find plenty more on the web. Good luck I know how easy it can be for any of us to have this happen.

Cathy W.
on 3/21/14 12:17 am

Go back to what you did before you regained.  Track your food and exercise.  Take a hard look at what you're doing differently than you did two years ago. 

You aren't alone with weight regain.  Many of us, including myself, regained and lose it.  The good news though is that you can lose it.  Go back to your basics before your regain. 

Are you grazing?  Are you eating more carbs than you were?  Are you exercising less? 

I will tell you from my regain and loss, it is more difficult to lose any regain being as far out as you are.  However, YOU CAN LOSE it. 

Cathy

poet_kelly
on 3/21/14 1:21 am - OH

Re-start following your plan.  What were you supposed to be eating six months to a year out?  Start doing that again.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

MyLady Heidi
on 3/21/14 5:43 am

I hate this to sound snarky but maybe you should go read your blog.  You got down to goal by doing all the right things.  What did you change?  Weight gain doesn't happen overnight and doesn't happen if you don't let it.  You have to get your head back in the game and do what made you successful to start with.

Patm
on 3/21/14 6:46 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I find keeping a food journal helps keep me on track. Either pan and paper or one of the many on-line ones. Weight and measure everything and get back to basics. See a psychologist if you have food issues and work on that

Good Luck

Most Active