1 wk post op..few questions

skyhigh315
on 5/30/14 2:54 am

Congrats on being here daily for a long time.  Seems like you're getting yourself all lathered up over being told what not to post.  That's a straw man in that you're making that up to have something to get sanctimonious about.  If that makes you happy.  But, like you said, if your post sounds silly, arrogant or clique--you can't be offended if someone points it out.  Public forum, right?

I have nothing further for you on this.  Go forward, be happy and proud of your tenure on this site ;)

hollykim
on 5/30/14 8:54 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On May 30, 2014 at 9:54 AM Pacific Time, skyhigh315 wrote:

Congrats on being here daily for a long time.  Seems like you're getting yourself all lathered up over being told what not to post.  That's a straw man in that you're making that up to have something to get sanctimonious about.  If that makes you happy.  But, like you said, if your post sounds silly, arrogant or clique--you can't be offended if someone points it out.  Public forum, right?

I have nothing further for you on this.  Go forward, be happy and proud of your tenure on this site ;)

um no you were the one who first got offended a out what ppl could post. I don't feel or need to feel sanctimonious about anything,one are just the facts. They are what they are. 

I also have no. More for this convo and I trust we can pass on the boards happily,if not there is always the block button! 

Are you planning a surgery and if so which one .

Gwen M.
on 5/29/14 12:52 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Did you get any sort of information packet?  If not, it would be good to ask for one since this is information your surgeon should have provided you with.  

Please contact your surgeon for clarification.  

If you were told to walk once an hour for 3-5 minutes, I'd do that.  But ask if you can walk more.  Your body has a lot of stored fat, so I personally wouldn't worry too much about "burning too many calories."

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

SATXVSG
on 5/29/14 3:39 am - Selma(San Antonio), TX
VSG on 04/22/14

I found it surprising at how much each  pre and post op plans differ from surgeon to surgeon.  My 7 day post op was clear liquids.  Broth was the only calories.

KevinBacon
on 5/29/14 8:20 am
VSG on 03/10/14

Get your diet from your doctor, but I can tell you that I was personally told to walk as much as I was comfortable to walk. 

HW: 318 Date of Surgery: 3/10/14 SW: 270  CW: 154

DelilahJO
on 5/29/14 9:42 am

Thank u skyhigh! I often feel i shouldn't even be on this forum because not only to my questions but to others' posts as well people seem to be self righteous and quite frankly rude. Obviously I know to "ask my surgeon" and you're correct I was simply looking for others personal experiences etc. also the people who act as if they follow every single thing to the T. Ummm ya right if we all had that self control etc we wouldn't be here needing these surgeries etc so how about just supporting one another in this journey. So thanks for taking up for me :) 

skyhigh315
on 5/30/14 3:12 am

Hi,

Sure.  It's a struggle, isn't it?  Most of us here have a few things in common--lifelong struggles with weight being the main one.  Most people I've known in this situation find themselves feeling alone on an island from time to time, and the ability to reach out to (and connect with) our 'brothers and sisters' in the struggle is so important.  When I come on here, it has as much to do with looking for people asking questions that I can answer as it does with asking my own questions.  If my experiences can help or encourage or enlighten another 'struggler', then we all win.  At least, that's how I look at it.

It's hard to perceive tone or inflection when reading comments, but sometimes people do sound rude.  Unfortunately, there are always the 'local gentry' of message boards.  I deal with that a lot in my work.  Much of my business comes from a handful of message board web sites, and there are a TON of people on those sites who've been there for a long time and regard themselves as the 'tribal royalty.'  It's how they make themselves feel superior and important.  It's like they're residents and we're visitors.  Geez.

Keep doing what you're doing, and post often and freely.  Lots of people responded without the attitude, and there are tons of nice people who understand what you're going through and genuinely want to be a resource for you.  

Hugs!

Most Active