Surgery on the 25th and I am famished!!!

lisaholm2001
on 8/14/14 12:09 pm - Redwood City , CA

Don't know how many of these drinks I can handle without food.  I cheated and ate some lettuce and eggs - but how many shakes is too many?

Member Services
on 8/14/14 2:09 pm - Irvine, CA

Hi Lisa,

Post this on the forum of the surgery type you had and also give your surgeon's office a call. That is what they are there for   Keep us posted and congratulations on your surgery!

gram247
on 8/14/14 3:14 pm

Sometimes the less you can eat, the more you want to eat. Pre-op is was taking6 to 9 bottles of Ensure and mixing each one with a little cold water over ice, like a crazy obsessive drunk on a binge. I called the surgeon and his nurse said it wasn't too much. It was funny that the closer I got to the surgical date, the less I wanted to eat. I think my mind was finally accepting what was going on. 

Of everything I went through, drinking clear protein drinks right after surgery were the worst for my, I couldn't find anything that I liked. The clerk at GNC got to know me personally. Unfortunately, they had nothing at that time to taste before I bought, so I collected quite a number of bottles of stuff that I couldn't drink. I ended up offering them to others in my support group, who thought they were great. So you just can't account for taste. Moving up to full liquids was so much better for me. 

I tried not to eat anything that was not on the list of approved foods. The leader of our support group said to erase the word cheat, or cheated form our vocabulary. Sometimes you just have to have something, so go ahead and have a small piece, after checking with your doctor. Not cheating, just fulfilling a need. 

Good luck.

Amy K.
on 8/16/14 12:14 am - Tucson, AZ

The first 3 to 4 days were the worst for me, after that my mind and body got into the groove. Hang in there you can do it and its totally worth it. 

High Weight: 264, BMI 46.8, Surgery Date: July 1, 2014, weight 227, BMI 40.2

Most Active